cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize SAP CRM Sales 2.1 Mobile App - Client side

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to ask if anyone knows references or documents for customizing SAP CRM Sales 2.1 by modifying the client side source code (in my case: iOS platform). I am referring to type of  customization like adding or removing fields

I have read this whitepaper http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-32984#comment-333958 which covers the server-side (sap crm) customization

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What is the business requirement? Does the server side solution cover the requirement?

If you have proper license and source code, you can easily extend the app source code without any help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the business requirement?

adding new functional module (e.g; payment)

Does the server side solution cover the requirement?

No, but it should be extended and customized to meet the new customer's requirement

Actually I started with simple modification on the client side, for example I tried to FieldConfiguration.xml , but it seems this file needs to be modified and uploaded on the backend not on the client side, am I right?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you share the business requirement detail, we can guide options for implementation.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SawSan...

1) Are you trying something change add or remove fields customization in SPRO of CRM from Client side.

or you are trying to change few fields which has a reference to CRM backend.

yours... GI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geek,

Actually changes are made in both SAP CRM (backend), not only adding/removing fields, but also adding new functional and business logic. So those changes should be reflected also on the client side.

or you are trying to change few fields which has a reference to CRM backend --> YES

Thanks,

Sawsan

sujith_prathap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You should lookup Customization Resource Bundles which will help you customize on the client side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response, but according to the tutorial

Customization Resource Bundles

(Applies only to OData SDK, Android and iOS clients) Customization resource bundles enable you to associate deployed client applications with different versions of customization resources.

In My case, we are talking about customization DOE-Based application