cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transport already transported request to another system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am  newbie about transport system.

We have DEV , QA, PROD systems. In DEV 100(configuration) client I released my request then login QA system run STMS to import request but instead of choosing QA I choosed DEV and it tried to transport DEV 200 (sandbox) but it gaved errors (n STMS fails with RFC communication error) I think because Sandbox is isolated. I have checked DEV 200 target client requests are not transported. Now how can I transport already released request to QA system? Could you explain step by step.

Thanks a lot from now on.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member227150
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Geekman,

1. If the Transport request is already released, then you can actually copy datafile and cofile of the request to the target system (of your choice) manually in /usr/sap/trans/data (for datafile) and /usr/sap/cofile (for cofile) respectively.

Then run t-code stms_import -> select Extras -> Other request -> Add. Now select the TR you manually copied from the list. After this you can import the request in this system's queue.

2. For clients in the same system, use tcode SCC1 in the target client to move the requests.

Regards,

Gaurav Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geek,

what request you have created workbench or customizing.

if you created workbench request means no need to move other clients with in the server.

if you create customizing request means then you need to move request another clients with in the same server.

if you don't have STMS configuration to the development and quality server then you need to take cofile and data file from the directory usr/sap/trans/cofile&datafile move the cofile and datafile to the target system,then login to stms click on Extras-->other requests-->add add the request and click on import select the re import button click execute.

if you want to move the request with in the same server go to the transaction scc1 enter the source client number and request number and select the options including request subtasks and textrun then click on start immediately now uncheck the option textrun and click on start immediately.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geekman,

In your QA system ,use tcode STMS_IMPORT for importing transport requests and there is no need to select any import queue .

If transport request not present there then you can add the request by going to EXTRA menu-->add request .

Mark it as answered if my answer helpful.

Regards,

Nikhil Goyal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GeekMan,

• Use SCC1 Transaction for Transporting with in the system. in your case, if you want transport DEV100 request to DEV 200, so go to DEV 200 execute SCC1 > Give the request number & select the subtasks and run immediately.

• if you want to transport the DEV 100 request to QA, then go to QA execute STMS > Click on Truck Button > choose QA SID > refresh the screen > Select your request > Click on Semi-loaded Truck > it will show the Pop box > give the Client Number and execute.

• Consult your basis consultant for more details.

Mark it as answered if my answer helpful.

Thanks

Kishore Cherukumalla