cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to print document through background job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing one issue one user is scheduling background job and he is mentioning for spool request printer LOCAL ,job is suceesfully finsihed and but unable to print the reprot.He is able to print the report manually ,but unable to print through background job.

Please suggest and guide me how to trouble shoot this issue .

Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go into transaction SM37 (Job Overview) and search for the job that creates the output you wish to mail. You need to make sure you find a scheduled, released or ready version of the job as you can't do this with an existing spool output.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Job is finished succesfully,but spoll out is not generating.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you cannot print with background job to printer with Access method G or F (it cannot be Frontend printer.) Please check.

P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

copy same source code with diff object's

Warm's Regard

Mujeeb Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Peter,

why we can not print  with background job tp printer with acces method F ,F only using for local printing purpose only,manually we are able to print the report using local printer .

F Type  Means Printing on front end printer(Out put requests are printed locally at the end users's PC)

Please elabrote is their any techincal reason to can not print F types please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is because there is no connection between background processing and frontend, i.e. system does not know where to send that output request. You will need to define some network printer...

BR,

Peter