cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data and Cofiles is not genarated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am facing issue one of our functional consulatnt relased the Transport request ,request relase sucessfully return code 0 ,but data and cofiles is not generated.

I am having only one devlopment system and created virtual systems to configure STMS.

I have checked the following but issue is not resloved

1)checked locks in the system or transports, no loc file found.

2)Assigned to package

3)Checking authorization/sharing/permission of the data & cofile folder.

4)Checked usr/sap/trans directory space

I need to copy these data and cofiles and needs to be import (manual transport) to some other landscape.

Please any one suggest & gude me to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi,

Please check if the request is not a local transport request.

Local transport request do not generate cofiles or data files and are not transportable.

Regards,

NJ

Former Member

Check while creating the new Request,the target system is selected..You have to assign target system SID there,,(Virtual Sysytem)

Otherwise it will become local request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your prompt responses

Nilesh@ I have already checked the request is assigned to Transport package ,its not stored in $temp.

Shahna@ STMS  is working properly  and transport routes are working properly in virtual systems..

How cane we check traget systems is selected or not ?

Please guide me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Check with This !!

SMTP_IMPORT .

Regard's

Mujeeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Target system field will be there ,,while you creating a TR,,Just check by creating one Request

Give your virtual sys id there

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Call Tx SE03 and search for the Transport Request and check what type it is.

If it is a local transport and not yet released then you may change the request type and add a target system.

If it is already released as local then call Tx SE01 and create a Transport Request with the option Transport of Copies and include objects from the local request.

Release it and check the logs

Cheers

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI RB,

Thanks for your response .

I am littel bit confuse can please correct me if wrong.

1)Local request means if transport request is not assigned to transport package (stored $temp)

Please suggest.

ashish_mishra2
Contributor
0 Kudos

nopes.. local request means... there is no target defined for that transport request. In such case, system assume that the changes made and captured in that TR are local (within the system) and need not to be moved in subsequent systems of transport landscape.

In such case, no cofile or datafile will be generated.

To get cofile and data file, ask your technical team to create transport of copies from SE01 and add this local change request as an object to this new TR (transport of copies), and define target for this transport, release the same. This will generate cofile and data both.

Let us know if there is any confusion.

Cheers !!!

Ashish Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your response .

One more calrification

If transport request is not assigned to transport package (stored $temp) how can we call this type of request ?

I checked with my abaper he is saying while creating transport request will assign particular request package only.we will not define target system etec at all.

Kindly please suggest me