cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System should allow to do PGI only if the combination of quantity is satisfied for delivery in VL01n

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

My scenario is Gas material goes along with cylinders [qty in proportion to main item i.e. Gas {TAQ}] {7 M3=1EA}. It is mandatory to deliver gas along with cylinders {TANN}. Free Goods determination is complete and all are working fine.

But if there is no cylinder quantities in stock, only the main Gas item appears in VL01N and cylinder does not appear at all. And system after showing error logs allows to do PGI even if the cylinders are not attached.

My requirement is to:

1. The 2nd line item (cylinder) needs to appear even if no stock is there, as 0,

2. The system should give error if only Gas item is being processed for PGI.

Meaning, the system should allow to do PGI only if the combination of quantity is satisfied for delivery in VL01n.

Please help sirs.

Thanks in advance

ST

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How could you handle the packing material (cyliner) with item category TANN? Are you handling it as a free of charge material? If yes, aren't you tracking the cylinder as a special stock? What is the process you are following for Pick-up of the returnable packing material?

Also, how the item category TAQ is used in your business process/scenario? Are you handling these materials as a BOM? Please let us know more details about the process followed for the issue and pick-up.

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In item category settings, there is a field "Create Delivery Group".  Maintain "X" there and retry the process.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to do it, but it asked for Scope of structure and it did not work for any of the option there in.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you have to know one thing in BOM rule ,what is that BOM doesn't accept Free Goods in standard SAP.So ,in this case how can you do / run this scenario in your system .May I know ?

Side Comment : When you are going to create Sales Order with 2 Line Items .In Sales Order itself ,you can find out ,how much quantity you have maintained as order quantity and how much quantity system confirmed .

Thanks,

Naren

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to use Gas cylinder as returanble packing material. I think this will be better option than using it as an free material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is maintained as returnable packaging.