cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria 7 ISAPI Not working!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy guys,

Is there anybody outside that have ever configured the ISAPI filter for afaria? (also called access control for exchange).

My Proplem is that no device becomes e-Mail, the connection to afaria server is working fine.

Can anybody help me?

The Devices.xml isn't updated...

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,
what kind of devices are testing iOS or Android?
The user you're enrolling has Exchange account?
Devices are enrolled?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your Reply!
i use iOS and Android Devices. But i wanna take a closer look for iOS Devices.

I ahve Afaria SP2 installed but it doesn't work. I recognized that there was no New Devices.xml if i try to connect a iOS Device.
Maybe there is a problem with the domain? I am realy clueless at the moment.
I have reinstalled the iSAPI filter surely 10 times with many different configurations...
Do i need an extra Outbound enabler for this?

I am realy thankful for every help
Thanks and best Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please run the registry Editor an check ISAPI KEY on

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->SOFTWARE-->Afaria-->Afaria-->ISAPI-->Setup

check or add string value if not exist:

DomainOverride = <exchange host>

UpdateInteval= 1

Restart XSISAPI service

try to connect a iOS Device

Check and paste there the log from folder Roaming/XSISAPI/XSISAPIHTTPS_log.txt

Saludos,

Patrici0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy@All,

I have a new Update now,Android works fine with ISAPI every thing is like it would be.

But iOS is only do something if i enter a domain in the iSAPI configuration in the afaria admin.

And this is also the only thing that is working. If i choose always allow, every iOS Device can sync.

If i choose always Block no iOS Device can sync, in the domain section.

But if i change the isapi configuration on a explicit device nothing happens, also for the global isapi configuration for iOS.

I won't give up the hope that any body can help me.

I configure ISAPI for iOS DEvices like this description:

http://frontline.sybase.com/KBfiles/File/7978/Afaria66FP1HF06-iOS-ISAPI-BestPracticeGuide(1).pdf

Thank again and best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Please try to check you domain notation, this must be equal at all places and is a case-sensitive value.

The notation is used in the Afaria server, ISAPI filter and also the iOS device (configuration policy).

Best regards,

Joost Weghorst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'am very thankully for your answere.

I have configured Android as the following:

Enrollment

Touchdown

For the domain i entered nothing. I enrolled the device and enter the User Fields.

For Exchange User: domain\user...

Everything is working for android (a New Devces file appears after the Touchdwon configuration and in the afaria admin under server--> Access control--> Devices too). If i change the access control settings it would be done.

iOS configuration:

Enrollment Variables:

(P.S. i dont entered a domain in this example in the access control options in the enrollment code but i tried it without success)

Exchange configuration: (I think the same as for android)

I entered the exchange user in the enrollment process like by android
Exchange User: domain\Exchange user.

For iOS nothing happens after the enrollment. The exchange account was configured on the iPAd but no e-mails could be delivered. Only if i enter a domain under the access configuration-->Domain i can say alway block or always allow nothing more.

I hope thats enough information. If not please Help me.

Thanks and a nice weekend

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys is there just a problem with my configuration?

Is it possible that i need another outbound enabler for access control?

Please Help me
Thanks and Best Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Could you open the logfile of the isapi filter (same directory as the devices.xml) to see if this is running fine and note the domain notation which is used by the isapi filter. This domain notation must be exactly the same as the one on which the devices are requesting the exchange environment.

Do you see any blocked request from the devices in the pipeline log when the isapi filter is activated?

I suggest to use the domain field in the enrollment policy and exchange configuration policy to.

Best regards,

Joost Weghorst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy,

Here are the logflile:

13-02-05 09:53 Responding '1' to request: ID='A4F9931560553A14883926E651F0098D', USER='domain\user', TYPE='TouchDown'

13-02-05 10:02 Responding '0' to request: ID='APPLJ3049MQ9ETU', USER='user', TYPE='iPad'

If I enter the domain\user while te enrollment the account was not configured right.

I enter the domain in the policy and in the enrollment code without success.

THANKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

I think your problem is related to the "user" field from the iOS device. You can see that the Android device is using the "domain\user" notation. The Afaria server is using the domain field for matching the autorisation.

The iOS (iPad) devices does not contain the "domain" notation in the user field. Could u look into that?

Best regards,

Joost Weghorst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Again,

Ok yes I see this. But how can I get this domain\user combination.

If i enter domain\user for the exchange user inn the enrollment code variable the account wasnt configure right.

The Device is in the Devices.xml with domain\user but the log shows only user as you can see below

Devices.xml: <?xml version="1.0"?><PermittedDevices><client GUID="" User="username" SP="1" ExID="domain\user" Type="-8" /><client GUID="A4F9931560553A14883926E651F0098D" /><Options ATypes="ANDROID;MOTOBLUR30;HTCBRAVO;HTCSUPERSONIC;UNKNOWN;TOUCHDOWN" /></PermittedDevices>

and the logging:
Responding '0' to request: ID='APPLDN6GCKY8DFJ1', USER='user', TYPE='iPad'

Thank you again )

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy,

I think I have a solution for my Problem, The Domain was the problem i have to use domain.local in the enrollment code and domain.local in the Exchnage Policy.

While the enrollment I just have entered the user name like "exchange user" without a Domain.

Hope this was understanable
THANKS for your help guys