cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commit In ABAP proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have created an inbound proxy in which I am trying to update a Z table with some values.

After update I have used Commit work as well .

Then I have created a websevice and am calling my proxy using SOAP UI.

I am getting the response from the proxy but the table is not being updated.

Any ideas what is missing .

Thanks,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A quick way to check what is happening without using breakpoints is to use an assert statement. After the insert/update/modify statement in your proxy use a statement like:

ASSERT SY-SUBRC = 0.

This will then generate a short dump and you can use this technique to isolate the statements that aren't working correctly. Obviously this is just a technique to use in development and not something you will be transporting so be sure to remove them when finished.

Good luck!

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

robertot4s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Evaluate the sy-subrc code after the UPDATE sentence. Maybe the UPDATE is returned 'sy-subrc = 4' and doesn't work correctly.

Regards,

Roberto

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I agree with Iñaki that it might be a problem with the proxy implementation. Try testing it in the receiver ECC system directly to see if it works fine from there.

Regards,

Greg

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

The problem seems to me an abap error. Have you tried to debug the abap code with the inbound data?, may be the INSERT/UPADATE/MODIFY is not being executed, key value error, the table is blocked, etc

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

Insert statement is correct, because when I run the proxy using SPROXY, the table is being updated, but when I call from SOAP UI it is not updating.. 

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

The one thing that I guess would be different here are the authorizations for execution in SPROXY vs. the user that executes the proxy via soapUI.  Set an external breakpoint in your proxy with the proper username (and if the user is a system account just have BASIS switch it to a dialog user temporarily):

Regards,

Ryan Crosby

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Check the use which is calling the Proxy in your XI adapter in SU01, there should be a Default tab where check the field formats. That should match at your SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

I am just trying to update a character value to the table . I assume, field formats has no effect on updating the table . correct me if I am rong.. thanks.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Check the User which you are using in Communication to execute proxy. Then go to SU01 and open the User profile. There should be a Default tab where you define formats for Currency, Amount  etc. Check whether these formats are matching with the input you are getting in Proxy xml from SAP PI.