Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between T-code-> TU02 and table-> TPHFT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have changed some parameters value on 26th in Instance profile, restart the server on same day. It's ok

But when we check from T-code-> TU02,Parameters modification date reflect for 26 & 27 .If go by Table-> TPFHT, showing changes in Instance profile for 26.

Why TU02 showing changes on 27... We didn't make any modification in parameters on 27.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

The change docs in this area are a bit dodgey sometimes..

What is in table PAHI?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Dear Julius,

Thankyou for reply

Table PAHI->

<host_name> <sYS ID>26.11.2012 abap/heap_area_total C 4000000000

<host_name> <sYS ID>27.11.2012 abap/heap_area_total A 2000000000

0 Kudos

Looks to me like you changed the dynamic value of the parameter on the 26th but did not change the static profile for the instance or the system default. When the system was restarted later on, the dynamic value was kicked out again and the static one used and change docs written.

If you want to change dynamic profiles permanently, you must also change the static profile.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Dear Julius,

Regarding Profile parameters concept, I know only Start, Instance & Default profile. But How to maintain dynamic & static value in these pofiles is not known to me....

Could you please help to understand this by taking example-> abap/heap_area_total

And second thing, We didn't take any start-stop on 27, then how value is reflecting for 27 ....

0 Kudos

Have you read the application help on RZ11 in the meantime or was that a new year's resolution? 😉

-> If you do not know how to maintain parameters, you should rather not be doing it. Contact your basis team.

2) The parameter is dynamic, so it could also have been changed on the 27th again without a restart?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Dear Julius,

As my understanding says, dynamic parameter changes when system get restart. What could be the reasons of changing dynamic parameter without restart....

0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Dynamic parameters will come into effect at runtime..... i.e. immediately..... However, when you restart the system..... the come back to their original values..... If you want to make a dynamic parameter static then you have to define in system profiles.... else if changed from RZ11..... they will be in effect with the new values till the system in not restarted.....

Divyanshu

0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

That's I agree, but mentioned above, We didn't take any start-stop on 27, then how the values changed.... on 27...

our dynamic parameter value came back to original value on 26, Issue is  that it's showing changes for 27 in above stated tables...

0 Kudos

Try report RSSTATPH which shows history of parameters changes....... Also check with RSPFPAR for current values...... instance wise.....

Can you name those parameters - please check in what profiles these parameters are present.......

Divyanshu