cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LP11 - WM-PP Crate Part Staging: Any way for mass processing?

jkenzie
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I've searched Google (which pointed me to a few threads on here, none with a solution) unsuccessfully, so perhaps one of you gurus have a potential solution.

My current client has a production line with a point-of-use "Supermarket" where commonly-used components are kept instead of being staged/picked for any particular production order.  These are replenished in consistent quantities, so I was thinking that setting up Crate Part control cycles for each material in the supermarket would work.  The supermarket is set up as a single bin (100/SUPERMARKT), and this bin is set up as the destination bin in each control cycle.

The problem is that LP11 only permits you to execute for one material at a time, and requires you to enter a material number and not a wildcard like "*".  Since the client wishes to replenish using a background job, I fear that I will have to set up batch jobs for 200+ materials.  Does anyone out there know of a practical way to stage crate parts en masse?  Ideally I'm looking for something standard that I've overlooked, but if it comes down to a z-program I guess we can explore that.

To clarify - I'm prevented from setting up the generic control cycle for the PSA as a Crate Part cycle because they need the material-nonspecific cycle to have a staging indicator of "1" (pick parts) for the various components on each production order that would only be staged when a production order is released.

Thanks

Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

You are right we have only LP11 to stage the crate part and at a time you can stage only one material, if you want to stage multiple material at a time surely you have to run background program for 200+ material and I dont think that would be problem. Try to avoid Z-program.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jason ,

Is there any specifc business requirement for setting up staging with crate parts.??? if so i think you might have to go with Z program which could get materials which are  open in production order and create TO .

Workarounds.

Option 1 :You could also try option of automatic TR , TO generation while production order release,

Option 2 : You could use release order part option .

Thanks

Jinoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly confirm if its resolved