cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking XI in detail...Want to try out couple of scenarios...

1. How i know, Which one i am suppose to use...and in what order in design time.

Why design time objects are not in order?. The order of objects XI uses got any significance?.

design time objects (Data types, Message Types, Message Interfaces etc. ).

2. Same with configuration objects?. What order?. When to use what?. Where I can find all those?

Configuration Objects (Receiver Determination, Interface determination, Receiver agreements)

3. Is there any good docs or blog which will answer without confusing me further?. More i read about XI, more i get confused.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

start with a few elearning courses:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/xi-elearning

to find out which objects you need to use and when

then do a few sample complete scenarios:

(many very simple step by step described here)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/weblogs/topic/16

then you can also get a book with step by step examples:

http://www.sappress.com/product.cfm?account=&product=H1935

start with those and soon you will know the basis

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal.

I don't have too much time to spend...I want to do a speed learning to understand how XI project will look like after implementing.

I am not going to develop anything using XI....

I am working on Business Requirement and Technical Requirement document....

So i want to know, how Various XI objects are using in Design Time and Configuration Time. In which order?.

Where i can see details about Each objects and use of each object in diff. scenarios?.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can download those documents from:

service.sap.com/asap

- implementing XI

inside you will find many technical documents that developers only need to fill

just search for doc and xls files

Regards,

michal

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you have java and ABAP background then it is better.

Because in general all scenarios related integration with sap to other then most of the times IDocs,RFC,BAPI,Webservices.. and mapping part you would have to write java User defined functions ...i hope you got it ..

My XI links Collections all are copying from previous threads..

Please see the below links which are my collections.. see in XI help in forum questions..

XI --- Links copied

http://help.sap.com

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

then practice the following scenario's you will get every thing about XI

1. Aspirant to learn SAP XI...You won the Jackpot if you read this!-Part I /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

2. Aspirant to learn SAP XI...You won the Jackpot if you read this!-Part II /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

3. Aspirant to learn SAP XI...You won the Jackpot if you read this!-Part III /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

and once you are through ...follow the following links to weblogs which explain all the basic scenarios in XI

Following are the links to weblogs which will help to develop the basic scenarios.

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters - IDoc to File

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy - ABAP Proxy to File

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30 - File to JDBC

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy - File to ABAP Proxy

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1 - File to File Part 1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2 - File to File Part 2

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/24/convert-any-flat-file-to-any-idoc-java-mapping - Any flat file to any Idoc

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit - File to RFC

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] - File to Mail

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i - Dynamic File Name Part 1

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/28/dynamic-file-namexslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-using-xi-30-sp12-part-ii - Dynamic File Name Part 2

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address - Dynamic Mail Address

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi - Message Flow in XI

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm - Walk through BPM

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/22/schedule-your-bpm - Schedule BPM

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi - Use of Synch - Asynch bridge in ccBPM

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] - Use of Synch - Asynch bridge in ccBPM

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/22/xi-maintain-rfc-destinations-centrally - Maintain RFC destination centrally

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/18/triggering-e-mails-to-shared-folders-of-sap-is-u - Triggering Email from folder

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/17/outbound-idocs--work-around-using-party - Handling different partners for IDoc

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/27/modeling-integration-scenario146s-in-xi - Modeling Integration Scenario in XI

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/25/xi-sending-a-message-without-the-use-of-an-adapter-not-possible - Testing of integration process

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/25/xi-how-to-add-authorizations-to-repository-objects - Authorization in XI

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/58/d22940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/content.htm - Authorization in XI

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step - Alert Configuration

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide - Trouble shoot alert config

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi - Call UNIX Shell Script

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi - Transport in XI

/people/r.eijpe/blog/2005/11/04/using-abap-xslt-extensions-for-xi-mapping - Using ABAP XSLT Extensions for XI Mapping

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure - Mail Adaptor options

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm - Collection of IDoc to Single File

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/xi-controlling-access-to-sensitive-interfaces - Controlling access to Sensitive Interfaces

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14 - The same filename from a sender to a receiver file adapter -

SP14

/people/prasad.illapani/blog/2005/11/14/payload-based-message-search-in-xi30-using-trex-engine - Payload Based Message Search in XI30 using Trex Engine

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/24/xi-configuring-ccms-monitoring-for-xi-part-i - XI : Configuring CCMS Monitoring for XI- Part I

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter - XI: HTML e-mails from the receiver mail adapter

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/22/xi-faqs-provided-by-sap-updated - XI : FAQ's Provided by SAP

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/8e3841e26cef23e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/xi?rid=/webcontent/uuid/a680445e-0501-0010-1c94-a8c4a... [original link is broken]

This might help you

Regards

Chilla..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

Party:

A communication party (party for short) represents a larger unit, which is involved in a collaborative process. Using a communication party, you generally address a company within a cross-company process. You can assign a communication party one or more services to address it as the sender or receiver of messages

Service with out Party( means service):

A service enables you to address a sender or receiver of messages.

You can assign a service to a communication party or define it as a Service without Party. Services that are assigned to a communication party are displayed in the navigation area of the Integration Builder under Party in the subtree of the party. Services that are not assigned to a communication party are displayed in the subtree as Services Without Party.

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

It will be known on the real time that the scinario involves any party then you will create the communicaiton channel there or other wise in service without party...but most of the time in real time also you use service with out party.

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amar,

I heard this way...

If integrate with system..u need to use party.

If you are integrating with service...u need to use system without party....

Is this correct?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

This is what all you can have for the time beinging to see on all the step by step scinarions:

Here is some of scenarios link, hope this will help.

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters - IDoc to File

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy - ABAP Proxy to File

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/06/01/file-to-jdbc-adapter-using-sap-xi-30 - File to JDBC

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy - File to ABAP Proxy

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/06/24/convert-any-flat-file-to-any-idoc-java-mapping - Any flat file to any Idoc

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit - File to RFC

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1685 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] - File to Mail

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i - Dynamic File Name Part 1

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/28/dynamic-file-namexslt-mapping-with-java-enhancement-using-xi-30-sp12-part-ii - Dynamic File Name Part 2

/people/pooja.pandey/blog/2005/07/27/idocs-multiple-types-collection-in-bpm - Collection of IDoc to Single File

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address - Dynamic Mail Address

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi - Message Flow in XI

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm - Walk through BPM

Hope this will stop your hurt for information for a while

Amaresh

ranjit_deshmukh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

can u find this blog:

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1 - File to File Part 1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2 - File to File Part 2

outta these part1 is missing any pointers????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

Check the following blog which as step by step scinario of file to file

Part 1:

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

Part 2:

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

In Integration Repository,

Software Component

In that a namespaces

In that

1)Interface objects --> Data Types, Message Types and Message Interfaces

2)Mapping Objects --> Message Mappings and Interface Mapping

the above mentioned once for both sender and receiver...

In Integration Directory

First create a Configuration Scenario in that

depends on your scenario you need to configure the communication channel in party or service without party( usually in service without party)

then

create the Receiver Determination, Interface Determination, and sender and receiver aggreements.

Hope this will solve your probelm

for more information you can see help.sap.com

Amaresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amar,

I was reading this Blog...

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/27/modeling-integration-scenario146s-in-xi

i want detailed blog or docs to visualize complete phase of a XI project development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ash,

Have a look at the ASAP Implementation Roadmap for SAP Exchange Infrastructure:

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2791db90-0201-0010-dea7-ec869d783f9c">ASAP Implementation Roadmap for SAP Exchange Infrastructure</a>

I think this is what you need.

Also have a look at this thread to have a fast overview:

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amar,

When you create service without party or party?. What is diff?.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amar,

Did u miss this step in Design Time?.

Create a new Integration Scenario(Name: Retail_Mgr_Trading_Scenario) and Insert a new application component (VBU_Retail)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will help you

1. Aspirant to learn SAP XI...You won the Jackpot if you read this!-Part I /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

2. Aspirant to learn SAP XI...You won the Jackpot if you read this!-Part II /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

3. Aspirant to learn SAP XI...You won the Jackpot if you read this!-Part III /people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

and once you are through ...follow the following links to weblogs which explain all the basic scenarios in XI

Following are the links to weblogs which will help to develop the basic scenarios.

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/22/schedule-your-bpm - Schedule BPM

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi - Use of Synch - Asynch bridge in ccBPM

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] - Use of Synch - Asynch bridge in ccBPM

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/22/xi-maintain-rfc-destinations-centrally - Maintain RFC destination centrally

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/18/triggering-e-mails-to-shared-folders-of-sap-is-u - Triggering Email from folder

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/17/outbound-idocs--work-around-using-party - Handling different partners for IDoc

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/08/27/modeling-integration-scenario146s-in-xi - Modeling Integration Scenario in XI

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/25/xi-sending-a-message-without-the-use-of-an-adapter-not-possible - Testing of integration process

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/05/25/xi-how-to-add-authorizations-to-repository-objects - Authorization in XI

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/58/d22940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/content.htm - Authorization in XI

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step - Alert Configuration

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide - Trouble shoot alert config

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi - Call UNIX Shell Script

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/02/overview-of-transition-from-dev-to-qa-in-xi - Transport in XI

/people/r.eijpe/blog/2005/11/04/using-abap-xslt-extensions-for-xi-mapping - Using ABAP XSLT Extensions for XI Mapping

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure - Mail Adaptor options

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/17/xi-controlling-access-to-sensitive-interfaces - Controlling access to Sensitive Interfaces

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14 - The same filename from a sender to a receiver file adapter - SP14

/people/prasad.illapani/blog/2005/11/14/payload-based-message-search-in-xi30-using-trex-engine - Payload Based Message Search in XI30 using Trex Engine /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/24/xi-configuring-ccms-monitoring-for-xi-part-i - XI : Configuring CCMS Monitoring for XI- Part I

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter - XI: HTML e-mails from the receiver mail adapter

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/22/xi-faqs-provided-by-sap-updated - XI : FAQ's Provided by SAP

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Amar,

Your reply was helpful...i am going through each docs...

u r rewarded with points.

Can you please give more details...What design time object a developer suppose to use in which scenario?. In what order?.

Same with configuration objects, which one, in what order....

where i can find answer for that?. I want to document those.....