Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Best Method for Mass Creating Materials, BOMs & Routings

Hi Everyone,

I'm a bit of a newbie. I'm an engineer with access to SAP in the production environment - 1A. Production ECC (P47).

I've recently been tasked with launching a new product with many SKUs - this equates to several thousand finished good materials to be created based on the material description variants.

I've created the three basic reference material masters in MM01, from which all other finished good materials (about 10,000+) will be created. What is best method to mass create materials masters (with random material numbers) based on the three reference materials masters just described?

Each material master will have an associated bill of material, and routing. I currently have an excel spreadsheet setup for bills of material and routings based to the proposed material description for all SKUs.

I've done a little research with results pointing to t-codes: LSMW, MM17, CEWB, MASS, or some combination of all of these for this sort of thing. Most critical to the success of this project is the creation of materials masters using the three reference materials created. Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dimauro.

Tags:
Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question