cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i eliminate the option "Material" from "Product Type"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In SRM 7.0,

How do i eliminate the option "Material" from "Product Type" dropdown on shopping cart ?

How to activate the standard field under 'Source of Supply' tab on shopping cart ?

Thanks,

SRM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had a similar requirement (to prevent user from picking Service as Product Type) and this is what we did:

• Default Material as Product Type: Implement an enhancement point in method /SAPSRM/IF_CLL_DODM_SC_I_DESCR~DOMODIFYVIEW of class /SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_DODM_SC_I_DSC.
  • Make the Product Type field non-editable using meta data configuration in IMG.

This way user does not have to select a Product Type and no error message has to be shown.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We needed to eliminate "Service" from Product Type at my company.  We actually generate a hard error message if that product type gets selected.  It was the easiest solution as we will use Service in the future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Refer below thread for your reference:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1787791

Regards

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jeff, SRM,

In order to remove Material or Service from Drop down whenever requester select With Free description items you have to enhance the Webdynpro component.

If you have assigned Operation Buyer roles to requester (i.e. with Shop on behalf of) then Webdynpro is /SAPSRM/WDC_DODC_SC_I_DES. In order to find out webdynpro component right click on the place where user see drop down and go in More field help to get webdynpro.

Once you find the Webdypro go into SE80 and enter the webdypro. You will see Enhancement spot where you can put post exist for V_SC_DOFC_I_DESCRIBE webdynpro controller Method: WDDOMODIFYVIEW.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh