cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy to HTTPS Error - HTTP client code 110 reason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have several Proxy to HTTPS connections working just fine for a matter of years using the plain HTTP adapter (PI 7.11). We are running into a problem for a new external partner.

Please share any experience or ideas you might have on how to troubleshoot this further. I can confirm that:

1) Certificate is imported, RFC connection test in SM59 works

2) Basic authentication is working

3) Message travels outbound and vendor receives payload

4) Payload keeps repeating because PI does not recognize the 200 response coming back, finally gives up with this client code 110 reason.

I have run a manual test outside of PI and can confirm that the external web URL returns a status of 200 when I send a valid XML payload. When I send an invalid payload it returns with a 500 internal server error. And PI can also get this error response from their server.

We need to find why PI is not recognizing the good 200 response from their server.

Is there a way to see the entire HTTP conversation log in ICM?

In my test I also noticed that the content-length of the 200 response status message is 0. I think this is fine according to web standard but does PI require more than this?

Many thanks for your help and ideas,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update: I have found that using SOAP adapter on Java stack gets the 200 response back OK. (SOAP Headers turned off)

So I think the problem can be isolated to something with the plain HTTP adapter behavior with this specific transaction.

It would be nice to have this transaction work with plain HTTP just like my other similar ones do, but it may not be worth the time investment of further troubleshooting.

I am closing the thread.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, as an update to this issue (still unsolved) we are getting the full ICM trace issue now.

We've disabled SSL and authentication and the problem is the same, so we are looking to the HTTP content being confused in PI somehow.

*** ERROR => NULL bytes in HTTP Response {00087b11} [http_plg_mt.c 6325]

My test tool in IE can get the 200 response back OK but the PI HTTP adapter  is falling over for some reason.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

More info...from detailed ICM log. We start receiving the 200 response but then the message always breaks during the "set cookie" header.

We know PI can handle a cookie in the header response based on another working HTTP adapter example.

I feel like we are getting closer but can't isolate it yet. Any ideas are still welcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Aaron,

1) Go to SM59-> utilities -> test and check if all tests are fine ( unlikely this is the fault ) 

2) Go to SXMB_ADM -> Integration Engine Configuration and check if the settings ( specially IS-URL) are alright.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply Vibhu,

1) As mentioned I already ran connection test in SM59 and its OK. Are there other tests to run there?

2) The Integration Engine Configuration is working just fine for many other transactions of this type...so I'm not sure what I'd be checking for there?