cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSV Files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to read a csv file from an external vendor.  The problem is that they have commas apart from delimiter in one of the fields. 

This will be an issue for sender FCC.

What are the various options to control this? Is there anything to be controlled in PI or the sender needs to modify his files accordingly.

Regards

Anandh.B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anandha,

That should not be a problem. You can not use multiple separator for the same node but different separator for each different node. <node.endSeparator>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to clarify

we are getting three fields

name,address,empno

the records that i should get is

abc,123 tk road,1100

But i am getting the records as

abc,123,tk road,1100

There is a extra comma in the address field. So my sender comms channel will get into error as it treats the extra comma as delimiter.

Regards

Anandh

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

chose below solutions

Use fixed legnth

Or

Sender system has to correct the data

or

Create 4 th field in Data type and change file content conversion parameters accordingly , at mapping level append to one field.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anandh,

When Sender System is sending a comma between your field value, then as per the Logic you should consider it as a different field in your Source Structure. If you need to combine it, you can always use "concat" function under Text Standard Functions in Message Mapping.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think comma will create any problem , if you are using other field separator to differentiate each field in CSV file then no issue will arise.

are you facing any issue?