Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to integrate PI with webserver

Hi Experts,

In over landscape we are using JDBC-->PI-->PROXY and PROXY-->PI-->JDBC scenarios.

Apart from this since one year client is uploading Data from third party server WS (TMS) to ERP system manually without any middle ware. But now they want to make this automated by using SAP PI.

Now when asked the WS persons about how they can share the source data to PI, they are telling that they can able to provide through Flat or XML files.

My question is, is it possible to provide the WS data through Flat or XML files..? if this is possible,can i pick the data by using File adapter from PI..?

Is there any possibility to connect with WS server by using File adapter from PI..?

Please give me your inputs on this.

Thanks in advance..!

--

Regards

Raj

replied

Hi Raj,

Couple of points:

1."Yes i have checked in Production, but Business Component was not created for this FTP server." Then you need to transport the Business Component to Production.

2. "And I have observed that in Dev and Quality we are using the same IP address with different Business Component name." You can not maintain IP address in Business Component, so I am assuming you are referring to same FTP Location maintained in Communication Channel (DEV & QA). This happens when a system have single instance (no different DEV/QA/PROD). So as soon as your transport and configuration in Production completed, STOP Dev and QA channels.

3. "In Dev, FTP Business Component name is BC_FTP_File. In Quality FTP name is BC_FTP_QUA_File." It is not a Best Practice, it means Business Components are manually created in QA, but not transported from DEV. Business Component should have same name across the landscape. In DEV change it to <BC_FTP> or any relevant name and Transport to QA & Production.

4."Shall i create the Business component directly in ID..?" You should not create any BC in QA/Prod other than DEV.

5. "We will have different component names in defferent environments. So if transport the BC from Quality to Production, is it possible to edit the name of the BC..?" Already mentioned above. Rename the BC in DEV, Delete all the configuration objects in QA (and Activate), Re Traonsport to QA and Prod.

I hope all your questions are answered.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question