cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't want to create inspection lot (01) depending of storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My company buy some components in China, by boat. The supplier wanted to be paid before sending goods.

So, we receives the Purchase Order by a goods movement (MIGO, 101) in a dedicated storage location.

When the goods finally arrived, we create a transfert order with delivery to transfert stock from dedicated storage location (wich means "boat") to real storage location. To do it, we use 2 goods movement :

- Outbound process (VL02N, 641) to put stock in transit

- Inbound process (MIGO, 101) to income stock.

We want to check goods when they finally arrived, by an inspection lot. With 01 origin, SAP creates 2 inspection lots :

- one for the 101 movement to dedicated storage location,

- another one for the 101 movement to real storage location.

Our requirement is :

If storage location is XXXX (dedicated storage location),

then don't create inspection lot.

Endif.

I find BADI "INSPECTIONLOT_UPDATE", method "CREATE_BEFORE_UPDATE".

I try to clear structure INSPLOT when LAGORTCHRG (storage location) = XXXX.

But the inspection lot is still created.

Have you an idea to resolve my problem ?

Thanks

Sébastien.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we are also having same scenario . In this case , we are opting for :

1) creating a z movement type for one of the storage location where i dont want inspection lot .

2) Against this movement type don activate quality .

3) educate user to use this movement type instead of 101 when they are doing it for Storage loc where u dont want quality .

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sébastien,

I try to paraphrase this.Correct me!

1. You buy goods from you supplier. For that you raise PO against this supplier.
  2. Your supplier should be billed (should get paid) before you receive the goods in to your premises.

If I am not mistaken, you need not MIGO for paying vendor before goods receipt. You can release advance payment to your vendor with respect to purchase order (before you receive the goods). Later (after actual goods receipt) you can knock off this with advance payment amount. I guess this can be very well addressed in FI module.

If this works, you have to create 101 movement only once.

Alternatively, if you cant eliminate 101 twice, then explore if you can customize a new movement type e.g. Z01.  Activate inspection for one and deactivate for later. Thus only one inspection lot would be generated.

Regards, Anand Rao