cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONFIGUARION_PROCESS_DATA error in sales order and variant configuration

0 Kudos

Hello,

We have to create variant material while creation of sales order. i.e. user creates sales order, in that he will give configurable material as item and he hits it will leads to variant material creation. Once user enters the characteristics and check whether the material is exists or not. He press BACK and If variant material is not available , we did custom code to create material and executes all CS40.CA01,CK11N and CK24 transactions.

Here we were able to do all above said process but once the pop up comes with newly created variant material, and we are selecting that. Here we are getting the below error.

"Internal error in communication between configuration and sales doc. CONFIGURATION_PROCESS_DATA".

here CUOBJ created is not mating with internal CUOBJ i.e. 9999999999990001".

Please suggest are we missing any thing.

Sreedhara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Adding to origianl post.-------------

Hello,

We have to create variant material while creation of sales order. i.e. user creates sales order, in that he will give configurable material as item and he hits it will leads to variant material creation. Once user enters the characteristics and check whether the material is exists or not. He press BACK and If variant material is not available , we did custom code to create material and executes all CS40.CA01,CK11N and CK24 transactions.

Here we were able to do all above said process but once the pop up comes with newly created variant material, and we are selecting that. Here we are getting the below error.

"Internal error in communication between configuration and sales doc. CONFIGURATION_PROCESS_DATA".

here CUOBJ created is not mating with internal CUOBJ i.e. 9999999999990001".

Please suggest are we missing any thing.

Sreedhara

Development:-

1> VA01 - Enter Reqiredfields - Configuraable material XXXX in item 10 - Hit enter - user provide configuration characteristics - Hit BACK

2> Process leads to cstom code. As this newly configurable material is not available we are going to create with custom code.

3>  To know it is free or not

ls_bo-object_type = 'MARA'.
    ls_bo-object_key = XXXX.                     "---Configurable material
    ls_root_obj-object_type = 'MARA'.
    ls_root_obj-object_key = XXXX.

CALL FUNCTION 'CUCB_STATUS_FROM_CONFIGURATION'
      EXPORTING
        instance                     = iv_instance " Internal Instance number of VC " ---->99999999999900001
        is_business_object           = ls_bo.

Then we are getting the configuration of NEW VC material by using FM

CALL FUNCTION 'CUCB_COPY_CONFIGURATION'

EXPORTING

source_instance                    = iv_instance "Internal Instance number of VC

IMPORTING

configuration                      = lt_cfg

et_match_instance                  = lt_match.

Then we are getting the configuration data as below

READ TABLE lt_cfg INTO ls_cfg INDEX 1.
    lv_root_inst = ls_cfg-instance.    "New instance number will the original INSTANCE of VC

CALL FUNCTION 'CUXM_GET_CONFIGURATION'
      EXPORTING
        instance                     = lv_root_inst
      TABLES
        t_e1cucfg                    = lt_e1cucfg
        t_e1cuins                    = lt_e1cuins
        t_e1cuval                    = lt_e1cuval
        t_e1cucom                  = lt_e1cucom.

we are creating material using MAINTAIN_MATERIAL_DARK in 2 plants.

Then we are using MATERIAL_SAVE_CONFIGURATION as per the note 736873.

Then we are executing the transactions CS40, CA01 , CK11N and CK24 to completed the VC.

Then our program leaving the custom code and going to sales orders process.

Here we are getting the below error...

Here we are able to create VC material and we are able to replace the configurable materil with newly created VC materil in item 10 of sales order, but later we are getting above abort message.

Please suggest what we are missing.

Thnaks.

Sreedhara.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sreedhara Tommundrula,

Seems the issue is some where around CUOBJ initial and final one.

so the simplest IDEA would be , first debug material varient creation using MM01 , and comapre this steps with your custom program , i am sure you will get the clue whats happening differently.

another question , you siad your code is sucessfully creating material varient and you are getting error while replacing a comfig material, so now as you have material available , simulate a test , try to create sales order for config material and assign characterstic value which will select the material varient earlier and check if this time is sucessfully getting replaced, if it do then next task would be to compare the MV replacement in custom code versus MV replacement using standard functionality.

Hope it wil help you.

revert back with findings.

Thanks

Ritesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Thanks.

Actually i am using the lv_root_inst [internally generated instance number] for MARA-CUOBF and MARC-CUOBJ while createing materil and VC for 2 plants.

Does it causes problem?

I observed templated material which created manually have different CUOBJ and CUOBF values.

even CUOBJ have 2 different values for different plants.

If this cuases problem, How do i have to use CUOBJ value for different plants?

I am using MAINTAIN_MATERIL_DARK function module for creating material. Also does it mandatory to pass CUOBJ and CUOBF values while creating material and variant configuration? If we don't pass these values, is it possible to create material and VC?

Thankx,

Sreedhara

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sreedhara Tommundrula ,

well it sounds its the root cause.

see CUOBJ is the key which link out material-classes-characterstic-values  to plants /sales oder/ production order etc.

so when we create material for client views ( basic data 1 & 2) it have 1 CUOBJ ( MARA- CUOBF)

when we make it enable for plant using MRP Views it useses MARC-CUOBJ

then when you create a sales order for this material , it will again create a CUOBJ specific for this sales order line item.

and so on...............

so the solution would be , try to use same functionality which MM01 is using while creating material varients , i hope it will solve your issue.

also as you are executing more then one transaction in this event so take care , data base is getting updated properly after every step , like after material creation before executing CS40 for BOM material should be present, same for Ca01 CK11 etc ..

hope it will help you.

please mark replies helpfull , if it helps you.

Thanks

Ritesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

I am clearing CUOBF and CUOBJ, before passing to material creation and VC creation.

I have see in dubug and CUOBJ and CUOBF were updated with generated number perfectly even without passing them while creation.

But i have got same said abort error.

MATNR and VC are being created while creating sales order and CUOBJ and CUOBF were updated with perfect numbers. But when the execution coming to sales order stuff the internal instance number was '999999999999990001" as it was set originally.

Does it make any error?

Thanks,

sreedhara.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sreedhara Tommundrula ,

you havent replied to my questions.

are you able to create material varients using your custom code, if yes , please simulate the etst i asked .

another question , you siad your code is sucessfully creating material varient and you are getting error while replacing a comfig material, so now as you have material available , simulate a test , try to create sales order for config material and assign characterstic value which will select the material varient earlier and check if this time is sucessfully getting replaced, if it do then next task would be to compare the MV replacement in custom code versus MV replacement using standard functionality.

Thanks

Ritesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Done as per your message:-

1. Created VC material and got abort error as earlier, hence quite the VA01.

2. Again went to VA01 used configurable material and provided same earlier created material characteristics  in VC screen of VA01 and when i hit find VC material, i am able to get the  earlier VC material and i am able to replace in item 10. Here i have observed that XVCOND table got filled and i am not getting the abort error able to save sales order. but i did not find entries in XVCOND table in step 1. seems something missing while creating VC in STEP 1, pl see the screen shot.

I have created sales order without any problem. But in conditions below is the RED mark.

Thaks,

Sreedhara.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sreedhara,

so it seems , the error you are finding is relavant to access sequence and condition type, take help from SD consultant to fix it, once it started working using standard functionality of replacing config material with MV , you can compare it with yoru custom code and fix the gap.

Thanks

Ritesh

0 Kudos

Ritesh,

Thanks for the quick and nice help. I will come back once i have done with SD clarifications.

Thanks.

Sreedhara.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome Sreedhar,

I will wait for update and findings at your end.

Also please mark replies helpfull , if it helps you.

Thanks

Ritesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Found while debug, as shown in below screen:- While creation of VC material in VA01 the internal value of da_cuobj = '9999999999999990001', in this scenario the FM is not returning the table XVCOND, hence abort error generated.

But, after abort again i am going to VA01, there i am providing the the above created VC material and cursor coming to same place, as usual da_cuobj = '99999999999999990001', but in this scenario the FM is returning the table XVCOND, hence i am able to create sales order.

Do you have any idea please help.

former_member183783
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CUOBJ is a unique identifier for a material number.I believe you use a wrong unique identifier when creating new variant.

Generally it depends on the settings of the class type you use. If for the class type multobj indicator (in O1CL )  is ticked then the values are not stored directly on the table. I believe you are using variant configuration which means class type 300. This class has the indicator set. In this case class assignment is done by usage of two tables. Table INOB creates a unique identifier (CUOBJ ) for the material number (OBJEK). You can then use this INOB-CUOBJ to check what classes and characteristic are assigned. KSSK is the table for class assignment to the object.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to create VC materil while creating sales order, but above said abort error getting once we are out of our custom code and in sales order process.

Please suggest.