cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relat a Customer to SAP User id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am in a situation where I need to relate a customer (as in KNA1, XD01) to sap user id (as in created with SU01). I have explored adding a partner function, createing BP and relating to customer. Full details are below

Our customers are going to log in to SAP and create some SD documents. I do not want users to enter the customer number on front end but resolve it in the RFC call based on user id. This linkage will also be used for reports, checking access permissions for the user id.

My last ditch fall back plan will be to create a Z table. But if something can be done with in standard SAP it will make business happy and trust the application more.

We have only SAP ECC and Portal. There is no CRM or SRM.

I Have already tried Following approachs and got stuck and some or other point

1. Partner Function. I tried to create a Z partner determination procedure for customer master. So that I can add partenr function VU (User responsible). But apparently standard SAP code has hard coded partenr functions which are allowed to go on a customer master. So this option did not work.

2. I tried to create a BP (Business Partner) with new role (copy of employee) where i can add user id in identification but I could not find a way to realte a BP to customer. If some one can help on this it will be great.

Thanks and Regards,

AnujN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After you create the ID, maintain it in General Address tab --> Name4 field. This should work for your RFC call.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Any ideas. Any lead wil be great

Regards

AnujN