cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B1_shr share folder change location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert

i have  to  change,  for  the  same  server, the location  of  b1_shr ( from  disk C:  to  disk F:)

now  in b1_shr  i've only file  Sap.

For  attachment  i've  create  another  share  folder,  in  disk  F:

my problem  is  when  i  upgrade  sap:  can i have  any  problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You just need to update the Path under General Settings to make sure they point to the new folder.

Thanks,

Gordon

marcozer
Participant
0 Kudos

Ciao Lorenzo,

I'm using   HD:F for attachment from sap 2007 and now I use 8.82... and I never experienced problem.

ciao.

marco

former_member1269712
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lorenzo,

What is your object behind change the B1_SHR folder location?

As B1_SHR folder contains client setup, DI API and related application folders with other Excel & Word file folder.

If you are facing size issue you may create one folder on F drive and create one folder and set path in General setting.

But SAP Recommends that this folder has to be there as when  you are going to upgrade PL and after performing a server upgrade with the upgrade wizard, you can upgrade each client workstation from the B1_SHR folder. This folder is usually located in the directory path shown below:

C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One Server\B1_SHR.

Regards,

Sachin D

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lorenzo Pelati...

As the B1_SHR folder cointains all the SAP Business One additional files, such as Microsoft Word and Excel documents, attachments, pictures, scanned documents, etc., you should update the right path in General Settings.

To move the folder location try this:

1. Copy the folder B1_SHR to target server and share it granting access for all SB1 users.

2. Restore a copy of the Data Base as *** TEST ***, and do the following steps on TEST DB.

3. Change the settings under the Tab "Path" in "General Settings", changing all paths to the new folder and sub folder.

4. Save settings and restart the SB1 session.

5. Verify the functionality: Create some PDF's, export to Excel and Word, attach files to activities an messages. The files should be in the new server folder. Check this through some SB1 user accounts.

If all work fine, then no issue with the upgrade

Hope Helpful

Regards

Kennedy