cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom field in Change Request General Data for SAP MDG

subhronath_mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a requirement where I need to insert a custom field in this general data section for CR in SAP MDG.

Can I do that? If yes then what are the steps to achieve it?

Thanks,

Subhronath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Subhronath,

Please see below config guide that explains the steps to achieve your requirement.

https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-47630

Enhancement of the User Interface Building Block for Change RequestsIn this example, you require an extra parameter to control the process and the workflow for change requests - Requesting Business Area.  You do not model this parameter is as part of the MDG data model because it is not part of the business context.  Instead, you store the parameter together with the change request number in a Z-table.  In addition, you place the parameter on the change request UIBB on the tab for the general data. The user can select from business areas defined in Customizing. (The relevant data element is GSBER and the relevant table is TGSB). When a user opens the change request for display, the Requesting Business Area parameter is displayed and cannot be changed.

Best regards

Uday Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday

Can it possible to append with added custom field in CR Header in table USMD120C?

christophe_hu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you manage to implement the additionnal field on the CR ?

I have an issue while saving the new data, it's not taking into account the new data saved.

On the changed_object, the Ztable is correctly feed with the new value but after the save is done, the row is no more on the Ztable.

Does anyone has this issue?

tks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please open a new thread with your question. This document (Enhancement of the User Interface Building Bloc... | SCN) that was highlighted above is the one you want to follow step-by-step.

VarunSahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

the link doesn't seem to work. Could you please provide an updated link?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhronath,

Did you achieve this functionality? I have got exactly same requirement.

Thanks in advance.