cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read XML file from t code SCASE and convert to PDF.

former_member217316
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have a requirement where the employee is submitting the e-Recruitment form. The same gets stored in the t code SCASE in XML format.

I am not sure how to read the same and convert it into a PDF.

A brief of the process we are following:

1) The employee submits the form.

2) Once it goes into error the work item is picked up and passed into the FM: SAP_WAPI_READ_CONTAINER.

3) The FM gives us the value of PROCESS_OBJECT in the table SUBCONTAINER_ALL_OBJECTS.

4) This process object is the CASE_GUID of the table T5ASRPROCESSES (the table for SCASE).

5) Now from here on we need to get the XML file of the submitted form to be read and sent across as a PDF attachment to the desired recepient.

Thanks in advance,

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are making this too difficult.

If you make your e-Recruitment process part of HCM Processes & Forms, you will have your form "content"/data stored in CASE Mgmt automatically. As far as sending the same form/data round to "desired" recepients, that can all be done in Workflow using standard delivered tasks (to send as "edit" or read-only "approve"). You do not have to worry over the details underneath.

For e-Recruitment, you can handle this as a straight user initiated process, or you can do as SAP has provided and have e-Recruitment "feed" over the data to start the process via XI (PI). They have these options for e-Rec built right into the config of HCM P&F.

former_member217316
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks so much for your reply Chris.

The issue is like we need to send the form to the intended recepients not when the employee intiates the e-recruitment process but after his initiation, in case the workflow ends up in the error state at any point of time. If this is possible, can you let me know the changes in detail that I need to make to my workflow.

Thanks once again.

Harsh

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand what you want.....and like I said, workflow can (should) handle this for you.....in error condition or sucess, you can route with workflow depending on how you modeled/developed your flow. SAP even provides a WF template to do error handling for you in the case that backend processing errors....though we often end up building our own.

What you are asking for is very doable and very typical.