Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Smartform output view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All;

I was able to run my SAP Smartform in t-code "SMARTFORMS"

The SD consultant does not want this smartform to be run via SE38, or create a t-code for it.

The functional consultant told me that the user should not run the Smart form via a T.code or SE38.

Can you help me please in knowing how, and where I should run the smartform I created via the t-code "SMARTFORMS"?

Best Regards

~Amal Aloun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amal,

In most real time cases, SMARTFORMS are not triggered either from Tcode - smartforms / se38.

Most scenarios require the data to be picked by from a transaction which is linked to the Driver program . The Driver program is further linked to the Smartform.

As an ABAPer, you are done with designing the Layout and Driver program. Now how this inter-linking between Transactions -> Driver Program is done is what gets a Functional Consultant into Picture.

Here the some steps you might want to try :

1. Make the Driver program of type "Subroutine Pool".

2. Place whole code in a subroutine. This subroutine is to be called externally.

3. Run the transaction "NACE".

4. Select the application as discussed with the Functional consl and click Output Types

5. Select the Output Type and double click on Processing routine.

6. Enter your Driver program name, Subroutine name ( Step 2) , Form name.

The required data is populated in NEST table.

Hope this process helps your query. 

Please revert in case of any issues.

Thanks & Regards

Vivek Batta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Can you please tell me how come on you screenshot the for the processing2 PDF/smartforms is activated? 

If you could help me on this my issue will be solved completely.

Thanks,

Smurfet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Let me know what version of ECC you are in and any EHP?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Smurfet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smurfet,

Sry, i lost the thread, so couldnt reply. Hope ur issue is resolved by now.

NACE configuration is done by a functional consultant. The option u r asking for is active if we select the relevant module and processing.

This is ECC 6.0. If you can gimme u'r email Id , I can give u the screenshots of NACE config settings

Thanks

Vivek

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amal ,

Usually smartforms are not triggered using SE38 or SMARTFORMS.

If they are designed for a standard tcode like VA01 ( SD Sale Order) , VL01N (SD delivery) , VF01 (SD billing ) , then they need to be assigned to Message Type , which is usually done by a Functional Consultant.

Refer below link

http://scn.sap.com/message/3198473

Else if they are designed for a Custom Tcode then you call the smartform inside your program.