Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make fields editable in NWBC screen for FPM

subhronath_mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to make the below fields editable for my MDG ERP vendor details in FPM NWBC screen.

How to make that happen?

Thanks for helping me out!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

subhronath_mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

The reason why the screen was was in read only mode is in the FPM EVENT ID of the New button the event present was FPM_CALL_DEFAULT_EDIT_PAGE instead of _CREA_ event id. The correct event id is _CREA_ for this issue to be resolved.

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhronath,

I am facing the similar issue. I tried the above option and it looks like not worked. we are using MDG 6.1

In my Case, we used flex fields that are only used in MDG and not mapped to any ECC fields.

These fields are used for on screen information only.

When we added these Zfields to Material entity through MDGIMG screen, we are able to to see and design them in FPM screens but with disabled/readonly or not editable with one exception as only one field coming as editable....!! I compared all properties for this fields and rest of the custom fields...it's same but with one field as editable...Surpirse..!

because of this we are thing something in MDGIMG that makes the field as editable..No idea.

Is there a way out to make all my flex/Custom fields as editable on UI Screens (Create Material/Change Material)?  Is it something related to data initialization or so, that's why most added custom fields be as non-editable?

Thanks

Praveen

subhronath_mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the below screenshot once. The step where the fields are coming non-editable try to

make it as Execution of Changes and see. You have to go to Mdgimg>General Settings>Change Requests> Edit Statuses of Change Requests.

Thanks,

Subhronath

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for that option. However this is been resolved with re-activating  associated data model...But there comes another issue - , all the custom fields that are now editable are getting cleared to empty textfields after entering data in it and press check/any action button. Where as standard fields extended,will have the data entered remains on the screen regardless of the action on the screen.

I tried by putting FPM action event and it doesn't help. any idea why this is getting cleared immediately after entering the data and do some action on the screen...something to do with data issue? appreciate any help on this.

Please find the screen shot - Create Material.

For ex: If I click Check/F4 help on Material Type, QAC authorization text field will be cleared as shown in below.

Design layout properties:

Thanks

Praveen

subhronath_mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

This is a common problem. Even I have faced this. You have to make sure the SMT mappings for the custom fields are present. In the process check whether the related structures have the custom fields to complete the SMT mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subhronath - Flex fileds will not have the SMT mapping, we want to know the missing piece why these fileds are not able to hold the values.

Suresh Ravilla

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But I am using flex fields, which i don't think need to be SMT mapped?

Per following reply from abdullah in the post from you...it was said..pls refer

http://scn.sap.com/message/13882995

However, if that SMT Mapping solve this clearing fields issue for flex fields, Please let me know your experience.

Is SMT Mapping is the real cause behind clearing these custom fields? for any action we perform

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhronath,

I am facing the same issue of data clearing in the custom fields.

I have added the KBETR field in the structure TDS_ITEM_COMV and now able to see the filed in the FPM LIST GUIBB.But when I give any value in the same and press enter , the value gets cleared.

Please help me in the same as its very urgent.

Regards,

vishal chauhan

subhronath_mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Vishal,

You have to make sure that the NWBC field which is appearing needs to be a part of the Data Model ie (BP) for my case it was. Do a Edit Data Model and make sure the field is added in the correct entity type and activate the data model if required. Then go to the Mapping sections in the Generate Data Model Specific Structures and check the mapping which needs to be modified in the SMT for the fields. On doing the SMT mapping you might see the fields are not present in the structures which again needs to be included or appended.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this same problem with disappearing field values in flex fields I had added to my existing flex field UIBB.  As others have stated, SMT mapping is not applicable to flex fields.

I tried running both USMD_ADAPT_BRF and USMD_ADJUST STAGING with no results.  I finally resolved by running BRF+ transaction USMD_RULE and making sure I specified a transport for BRF changes rather than choosing Local object.  It then clocked for a while as it was obviously regenerating the structures.  Therefore, it seems that unless you have an open transport, running program USMD_ADAPT_BRF (or simply opening USMD_RULE) may not actually regenerate and save.

Rob

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

these fields are editable if you have a valid change request and if your current change request step allows editing the data. Seems that somethis is not correct with your configuration.

Best regards

Michael

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the the screenshot you posted is custom developed, u need to wire the list and form UIBBs in the OVP layout, to make them editable. If it is SAP delivered, u need to check the UI Adaptions

Thanks and Regards

Goutham Kanithi

subhronath_mukherjee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Goutham,

Thanks for your reply but the screen which I am trying to make editable is not customized one and I can see it is already present in the wired list as mentioned by you.

I guess it has to do something with the Event_id.

Lets see.

Thanks,

Subhronath