cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWA configuration Log Manager

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I read an old documentation to edit the parameter DefaultTraceFile_count in the Config Tool. No we have an NWA and I searched for the place to edit this parameter. But I didn´t find it. I found the Log Manager, but I´m not able to add a Parameter into the list. I also found the LogManager in the ConfigTool but I also did not find an option to add a row for DefaultTraceFile_Count.

I asked google and the discussions, but I didn´t found a solution. Can anybody help me?

Thanks and regards

Marina

If my English is too bad and a German guy is reading my question, here the problem described in German:

Ich muss den Parameter DefaultTraceFile_Count umstellen. Laut einer alten Doku steht dieser im ConfigTool unter LogManager. Jetzt haben wir aber eine neuere Portal Version. Im NWA habe ich schon den Punkt LogManager gefunden, ich kann aber keine Zeile für den Wert DefaultTraceFile_Count hinzufügen. Ich kann nur andere Werte, die hier stehen ändern. Auch im ConfigTool habe ich die Option LogManager gefunden. Hier steht der Wert aber nicht und ich finde nicht, wie ich eine Zeile hinzufügen kann. Wenn ich auf diesen Stift klicke, um in den Ändern-Modus zu kommen, zeigt er mir eine lange Liste von Optionen. Hier finde ich den Wert beim Überfliegen nicht und weiß nicht wo ich hier gucken muss oder ob ich hier überhaupt richtig bin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change parameter DefaultTraceFile_Count via Visual Administrator.

Path:

Cluster - Server X - Kernel - LogManager

0 Kudos

Maybe I´m wrong, but I thing there is no longer a Visual Administrator since 7.10. There is only a NetWeaver Adminsitrator.

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marina,

You are right, there is no VA anymore as of NetWeaver 7.10, so the change has to be executed via either the configtool or the NWA.

It's explained in details in the SAP KB article.

What is it exactly that you cannot find?

Kr. Mark

0 Kudos

I´m searching for the parameters DefaultTraceFile_Count and DefaultTraceFile_Limit to edit them.

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

That particular parameter does not exist anymore in 7.1. You have to go to:

Config tool: template ->log configuration ->destination

- Count -Max Count of defaultTrace. When it reached Max, it will be overwritten from beginning

- Limit   -Max Size of defaultTrace file.  When it reached to Max, trace will output to - next file

Kr. Mark

former_member191911
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marina,

I think this is the note you are looking for:

1771192 - (How-to) Log / Trace configuration for JAVA 7.1

And your English is not bad at all!

Kind regards,

Mark

0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

thanks for your answer. The SAP note 1771192 says, that I have to go to the Config Tool to edit DefaultTraceFile_Count. I remember that I found the point to edit ist in the NWA in December - but I forgot to write it down

Now I´m searching for it in another system. I do not have a Config Tool any more in this system. I only remember, that it is next to NWA --> Configuration Management --> Infrastructure --> "Java system properties". I do not know if Java system properties is the right translation because I habe a German NWA. Its point number 9 on the left side. But I did not remember where to search for DefaultTraceFile_Count.

Thanks and kind regards

Marina