cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XIAFUSER keeps getting locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi -

Our XIAFUSER keeps getting locked. We've checked and reset the password in multiple places and checked to make sure there aren't any external systems trying to login using this id.

We just installed SP11 a few days ago. I saw a related post about permissions for the SAPJSF user but we've configured that correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jesse

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am having a similar problem with user XIRWBUSER. For some reason this user is getting locked every other few minutes (3-5minutes) in my production system. This user is a XI Runtime Workbench user and used for XI monitoring.

We have seperate box for DEV, QAS and PROD and not sharing SLD at all.

I have changed the password in echangeProfile, R/3 side, J2EE and also changed the password for related RFC connections, restarted J2EE and still same issue.

Any Idea ?? any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance

Gaganpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have the same problem. Until now we had 2 systems – Dev/Test and Prod and only one sld on the prod XI. Now we have a third XI for QA. The QA XI shall use the same sld. If the new system is running, the user XIAFUSER is locked after a few moments. In the exchange profile of the QA XI I've set the parameter

com.sap.aii.adapterframework.serviceuser.pwd

to the pwd of the Prod XI where the sld is located. This has no effect. Is there any other parameter to be changed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

We figured out what the issues was. We're sharing our SLD with the other XI systems in our environment (Test, QA, Prod) so the password for the XIAFUSER in the exchange profile on the Test system was incorrect.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Thanks,

Jesse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesse,

Don't you consider this a security threat? Simply connecting three times with a wrong password blocks your whole XI infrastructure. I don't like the passwoord lockout mechanism of SAP.

It would have been much nicer if SAP XI used some other mechanism to authenticate connections. One solution could be the use of client certificate.

Kind regards, Guy Crets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesse

We took a decision to have a single SLD for our non-production ( dev, QA, consolidation ) XI boxes last week....

As soon as we brought up our XI QA box, we started to get this issue of AF user lock...

I am not very clear about your explanation below -as I understand XIAFUSER can have a different password for each XI box ( Dev , QA etc ). But , I don't get it beyond that ?? Could you please clarify ?

Karthik.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jesse

Did you follow any specific procedure to reset/sync the password in your XI Test exchange profile with the passwords in the other XI boxes.

As explained in my earlier note on this , our basis team had brought up a QA box with a custom password for XIAFUSER - and now they changed it to the one as in XI dev's exchange profile...

But every 2 minutes, the XIAFUSER seems to be getting locked now...if you have done the password syncing in some way....could you please share it...

Karthik.M