cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM does not start during deployment of portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the SDM process does not start during installation of Portal. I am installing on Win 2000 server 1280 MB RAM in Vmware 4.5. Here the Developer Trace:

[Thr 1424] JControlICheckProcessList: process SDM started (PID:2488)

[Thr 2476] Wed Mar 23 23:07:06 2005

[Thr 2476] JControlMSMessageFunc: receive command:12, argument:4 from Message Server

[Thr 2476] JControlIEnableProcesses: disable processes of type (Exclude:0) [SDM Server]

[Thr 2476] JControlIDisableProcess: disable process SDM

[Thr 2476] JControlIProcessSoftKill: soft kill of process SDM (pid:2488)

[Thr 1424] Wed Mar 23 23:07:11 2005

[Thr 1424] JControlICheckProcessList: process SDM (pid:2488) died (STOPPING)

[Thr 1424] JControlIResetProcess: reset process SDM

[Thr 2476] Wed Mar 23 23:09:24 2005

[Thr 2476] JControlMSMessageFunc: receive command:6, argument:1213679940 from Message Server

[Thr 2476] JControlMSMessageFunc: receive command:6, argument:1213679940 from Message Server

Any idea?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Problem solved!

All related back to a password problem, I'm using an R3 system for the UME, the j2ee_admin user password had been changed in R3. The portal install then failed due to a logon error, but not before it had put the SDM start-up mode into standalone for installation tasks.

Fix was to force the SDM back into integration mode (as per previous post) then set the j2ee_admin password back to original value in R3.

Portal install is now running OK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I've 1/2 solved my problem.

At some stage of the portal install it looks like the SDM startup mode was changed from 'integrated' to 'standalone.'

As per note 756084 I've put is back to 'integrated' and it now talks to the jstartupframework

Run command "sdm jstartup mode=integrated"

from directory - "/usr/sap/<SID>/<INSTANCE>/SDM/program"

now to try the portal install again....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm currently have the same issue.

Trying to install EP6 from NW04 SR1 media (SP9)on Win2003 server with SQL2000.

The initial JAVA engine install worked Ok and SDM was initially running correctly, being started and stopped by the jstartupframework correctly. Once I tried the portal install it failed with SDM start-up issues identical to Christians first post of this thread.

As also mentioned in this thread I can sucessfully start and stop SDM manually using the "usr\sap\DVP\JC00\SDM\program\StartServer.bat" command, but the portal install can't connect to a manually started SDM.

did any one get a resolution to this problem? If so could you please post??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the developer trace you've listed is for the JControl process, and is thus less informative about the error that prevents SDM from starting. You can obtain the developer traces for the JLaunch process responsible for starting the SDM by having a look at the dev_sdm file located in \usr\sap\<SID>\<InstanceName>\work directory.

Regards,

Ivo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to MMC and start SDM over there manually and then try.

It may resolve your problem.

Still not stop SDM in mmc go to SDM folder and click startserver.IT starts in standalone mode.and then try.

Hope this resolves ur problem.

Rgds,

Abdul.