cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO Destinations Not Maintainable from Web Dynpro Content Administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Netweaver Preview 04s installed. Both SLD and app server are running on the same local machine.

1) I have tested connection to SLD from WD Content Admin OK Message.

2) I have created the two destinations using WD Content admin with

sucess message that it was created in SLD, but the destinations do not

appear under maintain JCO Destinations of WD Content Admin after creation.

3) The JCO Destinations are not found in SLD when the wd app is deployed.

4) The JCO Destinations are found under the deployed components within WD

Content admin but listed as Status Not defined. The create link is enabled but

trying to re-create the items leads to error that they are already defined in SLD.

5) I have added SLD admin privileges to the Administrator user.

6) The Test, Ping etc are disabled greyed-out on the two destinations. Only create

is enabled but this leads to the error message that it has already been defined

in SLD.

7) I have clicked on start assigned SLD and checked status is running.

I don't know how the WD Content Admin can detect the destinations have already been created and yet the destinations do not appear under the Maintain JCO destinations column, nor is it possible to test etc. I should note that Netweaver Admin indicates that SLD is not accessible. As I indicated, I did check that connection worked from WD Content Admin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

If you have more than one user Id's to login in to the Portal,then try to login with Super Admin role and then check the JCo connections there.

Search for the JCo connections you have created and test them.

Also have you given J2EE host name and SAP logon information correctly or not, do check them once.

regards

Anil Dichpally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello John,

If you have more than one instance try login to each separately and see if one or the other or all exhibit this problem.

Also, you could try clearing your browser cookies to see if it makes any difference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

When you were creating JCo destinations in WD Content Admin, did you specified J2EE host, message server and group properly. Did you see selection options in corresponding combo-boxes?

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you make sure the SLD and Visual Admin is configured properly and everything is right.

/Raj.