cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip a table in system copy export

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts,

i am doing a system copy of a PI 7.0 system from unix/oracle to linux/oracle. During export one XI interface table ( third party table) is taking 6 hours to export and similar time to import the table into target system. Our db tried to export this table using oracle tools and it was exported in 30 mins.

Can i skip this table during export using sapinst?

How do i skip this?

if i have to drop the table , is it recommended or will it cause any issues?

Please help if you done this or come across this.

thanks

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

usually the r3load tool is very efficient and works better then DB based tools. You can try using the latest releases of R3load, R3ldctl and R3trans files(based on your release).

you can also try table splitting option, you can feed in all large tables of your database. Of-course based on how many CPU you have for the r3load, r3load can export/import data into a single table in paralle thus reducing the r3load export/import time many times. i did it with a 300G table which was taking 13hrs and it reduced to 2 hrs.

I am advocating the above steps as they are simple and supported. Manually removing tables during r3load is complex and system will be unsupported if you go wrong anywhere. Let me know if the above does not halp and i can give you the detailed steps on how to do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yogesh , thank you for your quick reply.

This is java table belonging to sapsr3db. i have done table splitting for abap schema. As we do not have java table splitting option in NW 7.0 sapinst , i cannot tablesplit this table.

Please let me know the steps to skip the table before java export. this is a 3rd party interface table so i believe it should work if we manually export and import this. what do you think? thanks for your help again..

sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

That Makes it tricky. Check the following blog.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3176572

i think Java splitting is not available with NW70, with 702 onwards it is there. I have never tried this but go through the guide in the link.

You can ask SAP for help, this is standard, i am sure they will give you some directions. But per my knowledge, it is not possible to skip/split a table in a Java export with your release.

Workaround would be

- Stop source

- take DB level export

- Truncate table(do not delete)

- Take export

- Perform import on the target

- Impor the exported table.

i dont see any technical issues with the above but i am not sure if it will be supported or not. I have never tried it though. You may want to open a message with SAP and ask for their help, i am sure they will provide inputs, at-least will let you know if this is supported or not.

Yogesh 

Answers (0)