Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File encoding - Receiver Mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I have a scenario: FILE x MAIL.

The file sender takes XML files on a FTP server.

The problem is that, the attachments are beeing send with some special characters.

Checking the Sender File payload, its ok.

Checking the Receiver Mail payload, we can see the special character.

The correct form is:

Prestação (braqzilian characters)

The wrong form is:

Prestação

Do you know how can I set the encoding to the receiver mail adapter?

Thank you so much,

Luciana R.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luciana,

If you want to encode the content of the e-mail message, use Content Encoding, It may solve your issue.

Regards,

Sagarika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear Sagarika,

I've tryed to set Content Enconding to None (receiver mail adapter), base63 and Quoted-Printable but the file (attachment) still has special charactes .

Am I missing something?

thank you so much,

Luciana R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear Sagarika,

I've tryed to set Content Enconding to None (receiver mail adapter), base64 and Quoted-Printable but the file (attachment) still has special charactes .

Am I missing something?

thank you so much,

Luciana R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luciana,

Please find the below URL which may be helpful for you to resolve the issue.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79f...

Regards,

Sagarika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luciana,

An XML file's encoding is set in the XML header, which is later interpreted when parsing the XML, e.g. in the mapping. So first check in your payload whether encoding is UTF-8.

example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Generally, the message payload of an XI message is treated as UTF-8 when it needs to be converted from or into a different encoding. So, what you specify in the File Sender channel is the source encoding for an encoding conversion to UTF-8. On the other hand, in the Receiver channel, you specify the target encoding for a conversion from UTF-8. If you configure a channel's File Type setting as "Binary", no conversion will be applied.

Use File Type -> text-> File Encoding = UTF-8,destEncoding=UTF-8, it may solve your issues.

Else find the below URL to achieve this by using xml anonymizer bean.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/d169186a29570ae10000000a114a6b/content.htm

Regards,

Sagarika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sagarika,

Thank you for your help!

I set text and utf-8 On my sender file and the payload is ok!

The encoding of the file is UTF-8 as well!

The problem appears On the receiver mail payload!

😞