SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro (abap): Problem with WDLIGHTSPEED and Firefox Browser; UCF_TimeTrigger

christian_breler
Explorer
0 Kudos

Problem:

We recently did some program corrections regarding our custom web applications in Student Lifecycle Management.This included the parameter WDLIGHTSPEED=X to be set as a system wide default. Also there were some minor changes regarding custom web-navigation (URL-concatenation etc.).

Now we are facing the fault, that whenever a user (after logging into our system) calls a webdynpro-application for the first time in a web-session WITH FIREFOX the wait-animation (loading_ani.gif) is shown "endlessly"

Furthermore no active UI-Element is available because the loading-Animation is modally. This error does not occur when using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Apple Safari...

The only known way to circumnavigate in Firefox is to use the reload-button of the browser. Afterwards everything seems to work as desired.

Debugging the Firefox-Workflow, it seems that a critical javascript-error causes this effect. The error message reads like

ReferenceError: UCF_TimeTrigger is not defined @ http://(...)/sap/public/bc/ur/nw7/js/lightspeed.js (...).

In fact the Javascript defining the function UCF_TimeTrigger has been loaded successfully by the browser before the error occurs.

GET http://(...)/sap/public/bc/ur/nw7/js/classes/TimeTrigger.js

Switching off WDLIGHTSPEED as system wide default does not solve the issue.

Is this a known bug to anyone else? I could not find any helpful note in the SAP marketplace - BTW there are so many somehow related notes regarding browser behaviour that I can not find the right thread...

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanx in advance,

Christian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Let me check with my wdpro/browser collegians.

Best regards,

Rob

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Let me check with my wdpro/browser collegians.

Best regards,

Rob

0 Kudos

Hello Rob,

this would be very helpful, but we do not have a test-case that we could offer to you, I am afraid.

Only our production system is accessible "from outside", but it needs authentication by a real user (student or teacher, this is no authentication against IDM) to see the Web-Applications affected. We do not have any test-account for third party users.

Is there any hint for checking, we could do ourselves? What would you look for?

Thank you very much for the offer. Best regards,

Christian

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I discussed it over with my collegians from the wdpro-browser team and they said it is quite difficult to provide any answer to this directly. Such an issue is usually worth a ticket and the support Engineer should be able to name the right correction notes.

There were similar problems in NW 7.02, which were solved with notes 1764829 and 1764754 and mime redeployment procedure.

But we cant see on which system you are and what WD controls you use.

We advise that you should implement the latest UR corrections and if this doesn’t help, open a ticket.

Good luck!

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

again many thanks. Freie Universität Berlin is currently in process with upgrading to EHP6 for SLcM and the related EHPs for basis. At the moment we use Netweaver 7.02 and will be upgrading to 7.03 in bound with the other EHPs.

We will check the issue again afterwards (in 2013). In case of still facing problems, I will then open a ticket.

Thank you very much, best regards and a merry christmas,

Christian