cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manual installation of Crystal Viewer ActiveX Control for Crystal Reports Viewer 2011

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heya,

since days I'm trying to install the CrystalViewer ActiveX Control manually into Internet Explorer 9.

If doesn't work.

So I asked Google and SAP Community Network and the only answers I got:

1. Copy the ActiveXViewer.cab file from the server to the client computer, and extract its contents to a temporary folder.

2. Move the files Crviewer.dll, Crviewer9.dll, Sviewhlp.dll, and Swebrs.dll to the System32 folder. Keep this folder visible.

3. On the Start menu, click Run. The Run dialog box appears.

4. In the Open box, type regsvr32 and then drag and drop the Crviewer.dll file icon from the System32 folder onto the Run dialog box.

5. Click OK.

6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the files Crviewer9.dll, Sviewhlp.dll, and Swebrs.dll.

Same as http://scn.sap.com/thread/1820054 and http://scn.sap.com/thread/908368.

I did:

%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /s "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Crystal Reports Viewer\ActiveXViewer\CRViewer.dll"

%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /s "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Crystal Reports Viewer\ActiveXViewer\sviewhlp.dll"

%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /s "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Crystal Reports Viewer\ActiveXViewer\swebrs.dll"

%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /s "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Crystal Reports Viewer\ActiveXViewer\CSelExpt.ocx"

%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /s "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Crystal Reports Viewer\ActiveXViewer\CRViewer.dll"

%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /s "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Crystal Reports Viewer\ActiveXViewer\sviewhlp.dll"

%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /s "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Crystal Reports Viewer\ActiveXViewer\swebrs.dll"

%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Crystal Reports Viewer\ActiveXControls\CSelExpt.ocx"

%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Crystal Reports Viewer\ActiveXControls\CRViewer.dll"

%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Crystal Reports Viewer\ActiveXControls\sviewhlp.dll"

%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Crystal Reports Viewer\ActiveXControls\swebrs.dll"

%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Crystal Reports Viewer\ActiveXControls\PrintControl.dll"

From each registration I got a positive feedback.

But in my environment it doesn't work. I can't see the AddIn registered properly in my Internet Explorer. And the rpt reports I can't print neither.

So I hope I got a litte help or the solution I'm looking for 😉

Many thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I found the solution by myself.

The following steps I did:

1. Installation of Crystal Offline Viewer using msiexec

2. Copying and Registration of couple of  Crystal Offline Viewer ActiveX SP2 dll's

CRViewer.dll, cselexpt.ocx, mfc42u.dll, PrintControl.dll, reportparameterdialog.dll, sviewhlp.dll, swebrs.dll

3. Copying and Registration of couple of  Crystal Offline Viewer ActiveX SP4 dll's

CRViewer.dll, cselexpt.ocx, PrintControl.dll, sviewhlp.dll, swebrs.dll, mfc42u.dll, reportparameterdialog.dll

4. Copying of the important dll's to %windir%\Downloaded Program Files directory

sviewhlp.dll, swebrs.dll, CRViewer.dll

I hope that steps are helpful for some other admins struggeling with that manual installation.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bastian

Many thanks for the solution. Late yesterday I talked to a coworker and he actually recommended those same (or very similar) steps. I think I got confused on the CR 2011 viewer / Crystal Enterprise 10 and just was not able to get out of that rut...

- Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no such thing as 'Crystal Viewer ActiveX Control for Crystal Reports Viewer 2011". CR 2011 does not include any SDK. Perhaps if you provide a bit more detail re. the project yo are working with we can help?

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

thanks for your reply.

In our project we've installed Crystal Reports Viewer 2011.
The Viewer 2011 should be able to view also the "old" reports from Crystal Enterprise 10?!

In our Terminal server environment we need to prohibit normal users the installation of that activex control plugin (for printing).

If we're connecting to our "old" Crystal Enterprise 10 server to view the "old" reports we are getting that activex control.
So we need to install that activex on that machine before a user logs on.

And the steps I did I've tried to describe earlier.

Today I found the old installation scripts:

for Crystal Offline Viewer ActiveXSP2:

regsvr32 /s "Crystal Reports ActiveX\CRViewer.dll"
regsvr32 /s "Crystal Reports ActiveX\cselexpt.ocx"
regsvr32 /s "Crystal Reports ActiveX\gdiplus.dll"
regsvr32 /s "Crystal Reports ActiveX\mfc42u.dll"
regsvr32 /s "Crystal Reports ActiveX\PrintControl.dll"
regsvr32 /s "Crystal Reports ActiveX\reportparameterdialog.dll"
regsvr32 /s "Crystal Reports ActiveX\sviewhlp.dll"
regsvr32 /s "Crystal Reports ActiveX\swebrs.dll"

for CrystalReportsActiveX85

regsvr32 /s "CrystalReportsActiveX85\cselexpt.ocx"
regsvr32 /s "CrystalReportsActiveX85\CRViewer.dll"
regsvr32 /s "CrystalReportsActiveX85\reportparameterdialog.dll"
regsvr32 /s "CrystalReportsActiveX85\sviewhlp.dll"
regsvr32 /s "CrystalReportsActiveX85\swebrs.dll"
regsvr32 /s "CrystalReportsActiveX85\xqviewer.dll"

for CrystalActiveXViewerSP4

regsvr32 /s "CrystalATX\CRViewer.dll"
regsvr32 /s "CrystalATX\cselexpt.ocx"
regsvr32 /s "CrystalATX\PrintControl.dll"
regsvr32 /s "CrystalATX\sviewhlp.dll"
regsvr32 /s "CrystalATX\swebrs.dll"
regsvr32 /s "CrystalATX\gdiplus.dll"
regsvr32 /s "CrystalATX\mfc42u.dll"
regsvr32 /s "CrystalATX\reportparameterdialog.dll"
regsvr32 /s "CrystalATX\usp10.dll"

Which dll need to be registered to view Enterprise 10 reports?
Hope that information helps.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, like I said, there is no ActiveX viewer in CR 2011. That viewer and the SDK that it came with has been retired in CR 11.5 (June 2011). E.g.; The references you are showing:  "Crystal Reports ActiveX\CRViewer.dll", were part of what was then called the Report Designer Component (RDC). There is  no RDC anymore in any subsequent versions of CR / BI / BOE.

So, I am still not sure what you mean by "Crystal Viewer ActiveX Control for Crystal Reports Viewer 2011".

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

the "normal" installation of Crystal Reports Viewer 14.0.2.364 works fine.

That installation I do with .\setup.exe -q setupuilanguage=de selectedlanguagepacks=de installtype=Default.

After the installation I also can start the Viewer and can view new reports. New means reports created with .

The problem described here are concerning viewing "old" reports. Old in that case means reports created with Crystal Enterprise 10.

So if I try view "old" reports from my "new client" with Crystal Viewer 2011 installed the ActiveX PlugIn installation pops up.

New client means Windows Server 2008 R2 Terminal server.

Considering the christmas days the client from whom I get access to the Crystal server and with whom I can test is on holiday till next year.

So we've to pause that thread till 7th of january.

As soon as I get access I'll upload some screenshots to make it a bit more easier to understand.

Thanks again for your posts, have a nice christmas and a happy new year.

Regards

Bastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I hope you had a good new years eve.

As I said, here a screenshot from the installation popup I'd like to automate:

Sorry for that german screenshot, but I don't have an english server for that installation.

Today I've installed cvwsetup.exe or Crystal Offline Viewer.msi, but I still get that popup.

And on my Terminal Server I got that error message: