cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM Purchase Requisition Created but No source of supply found for external procurement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why does ctm create Purchase Requisition when there is No source of supply found for external procurement.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Sandra,

CTM will create purchase requisition though you have not maintained any t lane, But you can found in product overview the PR has been created doesn't have any source location.

But it'll stuck in the queue when it has moved to ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. Is there any way to prevent CTM from creating purchase requisitions when there is no source of supply.  Also, correct me if I am mistaken, CTM will not create planned orders if there is no source of supply.

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

I believe if you change procurement type of product to 'E', i.e. in house production, CTM will not create PReq.

Yes CTM will not create planned orders in absence of source of supply.

Hope this helps, also award points if this solve your query.

Rgds

Sourabh Jain

former_member189901
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hii Sandra,

yes without source of supply planned orders can not be created.You have to maintain PPM/PDS for the same,

So you can maintain procurement E/X to do the same. But in case of X you have to maintain SNP planning horizon, in which horizon purchase requisition never will be created.

regards

Debashis

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sandra,

Did the above point helped.

Rgds

Sourabh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

This happens because of the procurement type you are using, but since you have not maintained T-Lane between supplying and receiving location, so there is no source of supply found by system for PReq.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

sourabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. Is there any way to prevent CTM from creating purchase requisitions when there is no source of supply.  Also, correct me if I am mistaken, CTM will not create planned orders if there is no source of supply.