cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would like to know the basic difference between R/3 ABAP and APO ABAP.

explain me in detail as much as possible or if any one has documentation please provide me the same.

We are starting with the new APO project(my first APO project. I as an ABAPer have got about 1 yr Exp in R/3 ABAP) and I come across the word Live chache and all...

Can some one give explain me what LIVE CHACHE is and why we need that?

Also I would like to know if there is any real time scenario you have faced. Any example with code would be of great help.

As an ABAPer what are all the areas or things I need to be familiar with inorder to work on APO? Any source for APO functional information...

Many thanks in advance...

Regards,

Karthick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ABAP is "ABAP" :). In APO world you might call a BAPI , Functional modules to extract the data (Than the table "SELECT of R/3.)

ABAP is "ABAP" In APO world you might call a BAPI , Functional modules to extract the data (Than the table "SELECT of R/3.)

Livecache is required for the performance reasons. With out such a memory resident database, the planning can't be performed in real-time. (We will be more or less back to background batch jobs running days..!!

In our implementation, we did a lot of ABAP programming.. (Customized reports from the output of CTM & master data creation via BAPI etc..)

/Shibu

Thanks for rewarding points if this is helpful.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

As an APO ABAPer, you might perform the following:

1) Code some BADI implementations (e.g. disable a button in the interactive planning screen, modify data during planning area data extraction,)

2) Code some customer programs, customer function modules, classes etc.

3) Code some User Exit macros

4) Code some ABAPs for data loading, CIF exits

Livecache in the rough sense is just a database that resides in memory and it allows APO components for process large amounts of data in a less amount of time. As an ABAPer, you will use BAPIs to access livecache data. It is not recommended that you interface with the Livecache COM routines directly.

You will need to be familiar with the basics of APO. For example, in DP, you need to be familiar with the Interactive Planning screen. Otherwise, you will not be able to test your programs.

You can check out the APO help to get a better overview:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/92/dd013872af2946e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Also check out the SCM200+ training materials from SAP.