cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store and pass values from one screen to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am very new to SUP hybrid developments and i have a requirement to select value from one screen and display it on a another screen . for example

i need to search and list some values , after click that selected value its should take user to another screen and display the value he/she selected .

if any one have idea of how to doing this , please share ..
Thanks a lot ...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra ,

Thanks a lot for your prompt response .. i have already refer your article to do  PO release things and its works well . your article help me lot .

This case i need to create MO  . In Order to do that i need to list all the Equipment with given search criteria and list Equipment according to the search criteria given by user ..  and select one Equipment from the list ..then its should pass to another screen and there i need to capture rest of the inputs that necessary to create new MO .

and save MO with SAP back end ..

if am not wrong here i have to work with two MBOs .. and pass value from one to another .

hope you have understand my requirement .. appreciated lot if you can help me on this ..

Regards,

Thushara

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

what is MO Thusara??

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry its Maintenance Order ..

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thushara,

let me share what i have understood

you are passing few fields to get the equipment list.

you select one equipment among list and pass few other inputs. correct?

if yes, you need to have 2 MBOs here and have to have relationship between/among fields(what all you are getting respective to equipment list) of first MBO with 2nd MBO.

you create an operation "create".

would be good if you put some snapshots

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra ,

Yes , your in correct page . after select equipment from list i need to take that in to another screen and there i need to capture some other fields and SAVE the MO .

Screen shot as follows ;

1. Equipment Search Screen

2. Equipments List .

After select on Equipment , i need to take selected equipment to following Order creation form and Save order with SAP

3. MO Creation

Hope now you have clear with my requirement .

Regards,

Thushara

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thushara,

so where you got stuck?

are you able to find out equipement list based upon parameters on first scren?

for MO creation, you need to create a new MBO. done with it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i am able to create first two screens Search Equipments and Get list of Equipments .. i am stuck and Select one equipment and pass selected equipment to MO creation screen and display it there ..

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have got equipment lists screen..right?

you want to  see a particular equipment details on next screen once you click anyone of the equipment. corrct?

for that you have a create another screen..

(you can drag first MBO to create details screen and list screen both together)

have you done mapping between MBOs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes that possible , i have done up to that position . did equipment search screen and then got list of equipments and when user select on equipment its goes to another screen with equipment details .. from there on ward i got stuck ..

i need to pass selected equipment and go to Order creation form . ( new screen ) and in the order creation screen there are input fields such as

Order Type : select from drop down list ( need to populate this from SAP ) ( optional )

Equipment : Equipment which your selected from previous screen

Fault Description : User Input

and SAVE the Order ..

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thushara,

do one thing,

1. create an create operation in first MBO, during creation pass the 2nd BAPI details.. select input output parameters from there.

2. deploy your MBO

3. in 3rd screen (equp details),

(when you get equipment details, how many fields are there? how many fields you want to pass to create MO? )

insert 2 editbox, order type, description.

4. create a new menu.... set properties: online request, select MBO,invoke operation, do mappings.

please put snapshots for better understanding.

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra ,

Great .. i am on the right track with your support .. now i need one help from you .. if you can provide me a sample or reference url to get idea about how to save values to SAP from MBO .. that will be more helpful to me ..currently i am referring some samples  , its better if i can have simple detail sample .. buz i am new to SAP and SUP both the environment.

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Thushara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra ,

Great .. i am on the right track with your support .. now i need one help from you .. if you can provide me a sample or reference url to get idea about how to save values to SAP from MBO .. that will be more helpful to me ..currently i am referring some samples  , its better if i can have simple detail sample .. buz i am new to SAP and SUP both the environment.

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Thushara

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thushara,

as of now i dont have any docs related to this.

but i can guide you how you can proceed further,

have to design the screen where you are passing 2 more input fields??

then create a menu on that screen

go to properties of it

put a snapshot where you are not able to move ahead from.

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Jitendra ,

i have another issue with saving MO .. in order to to save MO i need to call two BAPIs . one is BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN  and other one is BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT. second one i have to call right after first one call . this should be execute automatically .

is it possible to call nested BAPIs .? if so how can i do that .. pls help .

i want to do this with out going for customized BAPI .

Regards,

Thushara

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thushara,

dont know how/why you are using 2 BAPIs for saving MO,

BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN 

BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT

do these above BAPIs relate with BAPIs used to display initial screens?

there must be some fields in common?

plz check,

if you can share all BAPIs details (as snapshot) we may get an idea about mappings.

it would be really helpful for both sides.

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra ,

i am using following BAPIs

To get a list of Equipments : BAPI_EQUI_GETLIST    ( list equipments according to given Pant Group . )

and select one Equipment and got to detail screen . there i have added two new fields which i need to capture for MO creation

files as follows ;

Equipment No (select from list )

Order Type : ( user in put - drop down list )

fault Description :  ( text input )

using those three i need to Create new MO . for that i am calling BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN  first and in order to commit the transaction i am calling BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT bapi . any how i got stuck the point of creating MO and calling BAPIs . if there is any possibility to do this with only one BAPI that would be great .. pls help.

Regards,

Thushara

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Thushara,

please check,

BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN & BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT do have any parameters in common?

BAPI_EQUI_GETLIST & BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN do have any parameters in common?

if yes, then what are those parameters?

just give a try to following step:

1.you have done with your MBO using BAPI_EQUI_GETLIST for getting list of eqip..rite?

2. you just add an operation to this MBO (refer my blog) there you have pass      BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN for creating MO.

3. when you create a menu for save button , select type as submit workflow , select the MBO and do required mappings.

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra ,

Actually i dont want to call these two BAPIs . but my ABAPER said in order to generate MO  first i need to call BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN with relevant parameters and then call BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT to commit the transaction ( there is no any parameters ) . so if there is any other way to do this with using one BAPI i am fine with that.

Since i am totally new to this SUP and SAP  i have very little knowledge about this things .. but this is interesting and i am catching up thing with your help ..

"EquipmentNo " is common for both BAPI_EQUI_GETLIST & BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN  bapis ..

Regards,

Thushara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jitendra ,

i have did the steps as you said  and when parameter mapping stage come  i got stuck here .

its comes as list . and when i got to "edit  child parameter mapping"  can not do anything

when i click "Edit button nothing happen

if you have experience this scenario please help .

Regards,

Thushara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thushara,

if you really need to call these two bapis you can write your own custom BAPI which is basically calling the underlying function modules of BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN and BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT. In your MBO definition you need to call the custom BAPI.

Another idea could be to create a second operation for the second BAPI. In the saving screen you then need to add a further custom action which will call the second operation. You can then programmatically call the custom action in custom.js: For instance in CustomAfterSave.

Regards,

Wladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wladimir,

i hv select "Commit SAP Operation " option under Operation definition . i guess then we dont want to call "

BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT." bapi to commit the transaction.

now i am struggling with below issue. i need to pass the parameter values for Parameter List .

snap shot attached in below post .

if you can help me on this , that would great .

Regards,

Thushara

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

i replied

http://scn.sap.com/message/13755011

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

got it  ,i am following up that .

Regards,

Thushara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra ,

Finally we ask our abaper to write CBAPI for this .. so make mind go with CBAPI with out stuck with standard BAPI .

But i could learn lot of things from you and from this discussion . can use them for my future developments ..

i will come back to this if i stuck with CBAPI

Thanks

Best Regards,

Thushara

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

thats good Thushara

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183031
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnayake/Jitendra,

if i am not wrong, you have list of PO's in first screen, when select the particular PO that value has to go to second screen right.

I have two queries,

1)As i am new CRM technical,, Dont we have any Global variables concept in blackberry or any other platform.we can store the selected PO in global variable and can pass it to second screen right.

Is there any specific way of implementing BAPI's which i can see in above conversation?.

2) From Mobile itself cant we trigger both BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN & BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMI?

Regards

Manjunath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manjunath,

i am not sure that we  can use Global variable concept with this Hybrid developments . if this is Native this is possible .

this can be done easily by writing CBAPI , i am trying to get this done with standard BAPIs with out going to CBAPI.

Regards,

Thushara