SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM used with FM CB and PB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

Our site requires different levels of AVC and posting, using both Commitment and Payment Budget (SAP standard update profile 350).

But as we know, GM only allows integration with one FM budget - either Commitments or Payments.

Can anyone shed light on how we can align CB and PB in FM with the GM budget/actuals somehow?

Any thoughts appreciated..

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an update about a solution for anyone else facing this issue.

We used BADI GM badi GM_BDGT_TRFR the approach confirmed by SAP.

With this BADI and ABAP help, it's possible to create an FM document for the BCS 'Payment' budget when the budget is transferred

from GM to FM (i.e. create the budget document for the 'second' CB ledger).

It's not possible to have both budget categories updated in FM from GM in the standard solution.

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Ellen for sharing this!

0 Kudos

Hi,

can you shed a little more technical details of how did you achieve this? I have the same requirement but was not able to create a payment budget document.

I tried the badi and program goes there. I duplicated the budget line and changed the budget category to payment but this is clearly not enaugh.

br

Erki Hallingu

0 Kudos

Hello

Actually we did not pursue this because the requirement for budgeting was changed and the customer decided that only one (payment) budget was needed. This seems to be a gap in SAP functionality because GM integration and update profile 350 are standard SAP configuration.

Kind regards

Ellen