Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java - WD - Doubts

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am having following doubts WRT - WDJ :

1. I want to know where to do the enhancements in standard SAP java-WD ? (In IS-Retail - in MIM application) ?
  2. Can any-one please guide me how to do custom development for the same and what should be the approach for that.? Considering Front-end and Back-end? Do I need to do the development on both the sides if yes need to know in details for (Back-end and Front-end) part?
  3. If possible please provide detailed procedure?

Best Regards

Kumar Mayuresh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I am not getting your questions. Do you want to create an application in WD java? Do you have doubts on what to use for backend & front end ?

Do you mean this? Please be clear .

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swarnaprakash

My questions are :

1. How to enhance standard SAP WD-Java ? (Need step-by-step guide).
  2. How to create an custom application in WD-Java ? (Need step-by-step guide)

In my case we have only ABAP stack in R/3 system.  Now I have another question :

1. Do we need to install Java Stack Or there in any alternative solution to it using portal and all ??
  2. Do we need NWDI with NWDS??

Awaiting your response

Regards

Kumar Mayuresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

How to enhance standard SAP WD-Java ?

I think you are mentioning about std packages like ESS, MSS. Once you get these packages , you can import it in ur NWDS and you can customize.

How to create an custom application in WD-Java ?

You need to have NWDS ( Netweaver developer studio) installed in your system and you need servers to deploy and run( Java stack). Once you have things in place, search for sample programs in SDN. There are lot of sample programmes available which will give you good understanding. There are also version like NWDS 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 7.3(latest). So you have to decide which one to use.

• Do we need to install Java Stack Or there in any alternative solution to it using portal and all ??

Yes, you should have it to run your portal. Basically you need to have server with java stack.

• Do we need NWDI with NWDS??

Yes. To have ur code in central repository & for versioning you need this.

For transporting your code across lanscapes,you can either have CMS or CTS.

Hope I have clarified your doubts. If not , feel free to ask.

Thanks!

Swarnaprakash

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swarnaprakash,

Thanks for your help

For any further clarification I will get back to you.

Regards

Kumar.

Answers (0)