cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial delivery for a sales order with two items-

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need your help.

Our requirement is not creating a delivery if all the sales order can´t be delivered in only one outbound delivery . For example, there is a sales order with two items. One can be delivered because there is stock and the second one can´t be delivered because there is no stock available,

I filled the following data/fields:

-The order combination is marked in the sales order.

-The field Part.dlv./item is filled with C in the two sales items.

-I checked the availabilty check for the entire document and the first item can be confirmed.

If I try to create the outbound delivery, it can be created for the first item due to the message VL 062 "Full delivery is required"  only works for item not for the whole sales order document.We need not to create the delivery until the two items can be available.

Is it possible not creating the outbound delivery without all the items of the sales orders can be delivered in an unique outbound delivery?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

1. Define same delivery group to both the item in sales order. You can assign delivery group manually from number range  1 to 999 in sales order line item. By using this you can tell system that Item having same delivery group number will be part of one delivery document. You will find Delivery group in overview shipment tab.

2. Along with above, In case you are using VL01N and one item (having same delivery group) ATP not confirm, then sap will issue warning and let you create delivery.

But in case of background SAP behaves differently, for example in VL04, SAP will give error.

As per SAP VL01N is for manager level to handle any exception.

There is SAP note on VL01N, I am not able to recall note number., you have to implement this note in case you want to give error for transaction VL01N.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neeraj.

The problem I found is that the delivery group is not modifiable in tx VA01. Maybe because I don´t work with BOM and the item category is not filled with the field create delivery group. We don´t work with BOM, so our two sales order items are independent, not part of a BOM.

I checked that the message VL 049 "The customer has requested complete delivery" appears when it´s used tx VL10/VL04. I haven´t found the SAP note so that this message can be an error when the tx VL01N is used.

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

In standard SAP even if you do not have BOM, you can  freely assign delivery group number to the line item.

In VA01 Overview go to Shipping Tab you will find delivery group field after material number.

You can assign freely delivery group number to line item manually. Two item which will become part of same delivery should have same delivery group number.

Check SAP Note# 72688 which deals incase you want error message in Vl01N, if system is creating part delivery of sales order where line item has same delivery group number. I will suggest to go through symptoms verify it and check with business before impementing this note, as this is system modification.

If in your business you use VL04 then there is no need to implement this note.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Neeraj for the info about sap note 72688.

The problem was that the field delivery group in the tab page Shipping in the sales order is not available if it is marked the field complete delivery.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo

Please go though this link .It will help you to cater your requirement .

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/dd/560602545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo

I  just ran though a Flow and I think this is what you are looking at ..

Here are the steps..

1. Have your Customer Marked "C" with in Partial Delivery Per item.

2. Define Group for Other Deliveries .Please refer the screen Shot.

3. Create a Sales Order and assign the Delivery "Group Full Delivery" in Shipping overview Tab.

4.Make sure you have not marked Complete Delivery Check box else it will not allow you to put           delivery group in Shipping Overview.

5. Create a delivery and see .I  am sure this with solve the issue without BOM.

6.Let me know if you are stuck at some place.

Regards

Santosh

former_member211556
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

"Create delivery group" option in item category should help you to meet your requirement. Try it and let us know if you face trouble in getting your results.

Regards

Vasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasanth.

Is it possible working with delivery groups without BOMs/configuration? I couldn´t get it trying to change the values in the field "Create delivery group" in the sales item.

I´m now searching if I can achieve that the message VL 049 can be a mistake when it is created the outbound delivery from VL01N