Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account assignment group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having situation like below...

for a material line item wbs element need to maintain, material AAG recognizes one gl account. and wbs element recognizes different GL account, in such scenario users should get warning/error/notification about that.

What can be done?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bhaskar,

Are you talking about GL a/c for revenue or cost(COPA)?

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

gl account for wbs element(ps) and material should be the same.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bhaskar,

Generally, WBS are cost relevant.

When you want to book actual for Project/WBS, you assign WBS in sales order and invoice it.

Thus, COPA statement for WBS and Item in sales order will same.

And your GLs for cost & revenue are different.

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

This service item like package and features, due to different contractual agreement some time it will mismatch, we have made to do validation and issue warning if gl account is mismatched.

we need to find a trick, that once the Contract has been created with ref to the quote(from solutioning netweaver) user can select the Accounts per line item as needed 

o   For example: Feature TK001PF – PL6N is assigned to AAG 03 which drives the account 3091xxxxx.

o   In case the legal contractual terms require a revenue recognition like PS_COM or PS-CTC FAM need to be able to assign the account 3098xxxxxx to the material and/or line item in the Contract Master

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With your explanation, I hope you understand difference between accrual revenue which is base for revenue recognition and actual revenue received. In real time accounting, I don't think both either are treated in same way or are taken to same GL account.

Accounting entries could be:

in case of Revenue Accrual

Customer A/c Dr.

to Unbilled Revenue A/c Cr.

in case of Actual Revenue

Unbilled Revenue A/c Dr.

to Revenue A/c Cr.

Thus, in my opinion, GL A/c used for accrual revenue & actual revenue would be different.

If you have any disagreement or concern on my understanding, do let us know.

Or, you can refer this question at SAP ERP Financials for financial expert opinion.

Regards, JP