cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel phases and automatic rescheduling (cprojects)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let's think we assing start date to phase 3 to make parallel phase. In this condition, scheduling is not possible. phases after phase 3 is scheduled in accordance with phase 3, so when phase1 finished early, while start date of phase2 changes, phase 3 date is not change because of start date. therefore, phases after phase 3 cannot be scheduled. Can we make the scheduling in accordance with relationship between tasks? Thank you..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do scheduling as per task dependency across different phases of Project. In standard it will not allow you to do this. You need to implement BADI DPR_SCHEDULING for strict bottom scheduling. I am sure this information will help you. let us know if you face any issue.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Automatic schedule issue is solved by calling the BAPI_BUS2172_SCHEDULE BAPI for the project definition using the BAPI_CPROJECTS_COMMIT_WORK before you save the project. As we give start date to Parallel phase, automatic scheduling cannot effect it. Actually, I want to make parallel phase without giving start date, I want system read relationship and make scheduling. is it possible? Does BADI DPR_SCHEDULING have effect on parallel phases?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure, what do you mean by automatic scheduling. You need to give least must start on date for project definition and duration & dependency for tasks in Project. Just to make clear, you need not to define any date or dependency within phases of Project. Once you implement above mentioned BADI for strict bottom up, system will schedule the project based on task dependency, task duration and start and end date of Project.

Please provide more details if there is some gap in understanding.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

I mean for automatic scheduling that if one job is completed before due date, which is entered system before, we have to schedule project manually. Simple user of project, as you know, does not have schedule authorization. Actually it is not required.  However, I want that system can make this automatically without necessity of project manager by pushing scheduled button. This issue is solved as above mentioned but as the parallel phase has start constraint, scheduling does not effect it because of start constraint. Sorry, I give wrong name, it is start constraint not start date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there anybody to help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I found the SAP 1244454 note related to parallel phases scheduling but I dont know how to use it. Relevant note does not mention about what to be done step by step. How can I implement the note. In addition, in the note, we use PPM 5.0 but the note is available for version 4.0 and 4.5. is it usable for us?  Thanks

Best regards.

The note is below :

Summary

Symptom

In SAP cProjects, you can schedule your project. According to the Stage-Gate approach which underlies the SAP cProjects scheduling logic, the phases will be scheduled sequentially. Especially if a phase which includes activities over the whole project lifecycle is defined (e.g. #Project Management#) this standard behavior proves to be unpractical.

This consulting solution allows phases to be active in parallel.

Other terms  

cPro RPM Scheduling Relations PLM Consulting Solution PPM Consulting Solution

Reason and Prerequisites

The Consulting Solution "Parallel Phase Scheduling" is available for PPM  4.0 and 4.5

Solution

Installation of the PPM Consulting Solution "Parallel Phase Scheduling".

1. 1. Functionality

The Consulting Solution provides an enhancement to the SAP standard

classes which deactivates the constraint that phases have to be

scheduled sequentially.

In addition, it deactivates the automatic constraint determination if two tasks of different phases are linked via a relation. This solution also allows you to set a task of a predecessor phase as

successor of a task of a successor phase.

1. 2. Scope of the delivery

- Documentation of the Solution

- Specification of the Solution

- Presentation of the Solution

- 6 months of bug fixing

1. 3. Further information

To get more information about this and other PLM/PPM Consulting

Solutions please refer to our Consulting Solutions Wiki on SAP SDN

(link attached).

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a consulting note  for previous versions, this means that this fuctionality was not included in the standadr solution and if you want it you need or develop by your self or contact to SAP and pay the solution.

My advice is contact to SAP and ask for this functionality for 5.0, it is posible they have included as standard and it is not working fine or nobody has requested for this version.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vildan,

Please help me to understand, why you are not able to achieve the parallel phase scheduling. As you mentioned above you are using PPM 5. The above mentioned note as mentioned by Sara is applicable for earlier versions. See the attached screen shot and let me know is this the same you are looking for;

If yes then please do the enhancement in above mentioned Badi. It should solve your issue.

otherwise please share some more inputs about your issue.

Regards,

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Thank you for your response.Problem is solved by enhancing DPR_SCHEDULING BADI method IF_EX_DPR_SCHEDULING~STRICT_BOTTOM_UP assigning 1 to rv_strictly . This assignment works.

Best regards

mariano_sabiche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vildan;

Can You solve the automatic scheduling in Parallel Phases?

Tell us how it works actually.

Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mariano

We also implemented the BADI as mentioned above and was able to achieve parrallel phases. However now scheduling is driven by tasks and no longer by phases - so a bottom up approach is required. We created tasks for each of the phases (and in some cases only a single "dummy"task with the same description as that of the phase) and then set a relationship between all of these tasks between the phases; this was all done in the cProjects templates so that it would be there as default for the end user. Once the end user then create their Items/Projects they have all the standard tasks as well as the relationships between these tasks (and always at least one task per phase with relationships) - the user may then add additional tasks and change the relationships, but scheduling "bottom up"is taking place and the phases and Project level gets updated automatically

Regards

C

Answers (0)