Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in uploading data into HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to populate a table  from csv file to HANA with five columns eg

MANDT,WERKS, MRPPP,PPBIS, PPVON,PPERI, PPFIX

The column PPFIX is not null and cvs file has no record for PPFIX. While importing the cvs file it throws an error as PPFIX is not null and cvs file contains no values.

I can not drop not null constraint as some developers already implemented it with not null logic.

If I put a ' or ? in PPFIX , table get populated without any issues .Is there any solution to populate the table without any issues and will show up as empty only?

Thanks in advance.

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kiran,

there is a whole in your data design - and a big one!

You wrote that "some developers" have decided that the PPFIX column should not contain any NULL values. That's in general a good idea - but you have to have a plan for when you don't have any data for this column.

You need to decide upon a default value.

And sure enough, you may edit your csv file and replace all the missing entries of PPFIX with this default value.

This default value could be an empty/zero-length string '', a space ' ' or whatever you like to see as "empty". Important here is just that you and your developers all agree on that whatever value you pick for "empty", everybody will treat it accordingly.

Lars

Answers (0)