Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto focus to error message in I-View not working after upgrade

former_member196213
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Scenario : Recently we have upgraded our system from EHP 4 to EHP 6. In EHP 4 have many custom WDA development, in each of these development there were several error messages are being displayed in each development. Each time when the error message is displayed the in browser the screen automatically moves to the error message that is at the Top of page. However there is no message are declared in many of the I-Views. So we identified that these message are being displayed in top of root container.

Problem : Earlier EHP when an error message is displayed the I-View is automatically scrolled towards the error message. However it seem like its not working now. The message is still being displayed where as to see these message we need to scroll up.

Please Suggest most feasible way to carry out resolution of issue. Below is the code snippent used at many places.

call method lo_message_manager->report_error_message
        exporting
           message_text = 'Error message here'.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196213
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We raised an OSS on reply to which we came to know in EHP 6 there is an WDA application wd_global_parameters. Test it in browser, you will find an Parameter WDSETFOCUSONMESSAGEAREA that need to be changed as per requirement. However that parameter was not there in page. After walk through the standard application we found a table wdy_app_prop_def, from this table parameters are being set. So we created our own as SAP has allowed here creating the same. And we got it working .

Later on we recieved a SAP reply but we were running a version which is higher then mentioned in SAP Note 1582258, so we can not apply that note hence we proceeded with creating the same parameter in the table as mentioned in SAP.

HAPPY ABAPing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Can you please provide the steps or the coding, which you used for your issue.

As you said, though we applied the notes, it is still not working for us. So kindly help me, if you can.

Thanks,

Sakthi.

former_member196213
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please follow below steps

1. Goto SE80
  2. Open WDA componenet WD_GLOBAL_PARAMETERS
  3. Run application wd_global_parameters
  4. Then in portal you will find one parameter
    1. )
  5. check the checkbox
  6. And its done.

There is another possibility that you might not get that parameter as well. In that case

1. Goto se16 table name WDY_APP_PROP_DEF
  2. Create a given record with below column details in table WDY_APP_PROP_DEF
    • Object          (SET NAME)                    : STANDARD
    • Object          (PROPERTY NAME)         : WDSETFOCUSONMESSAGEAREA
    • Object          (ALIAS NAME)                 : wdSetFocusOnMessageArea
    • String          (DEFAULT VALUE)            : X
    • Boolean                                               :
    • Property                                               : 4
    • Scope                (MIN LEVEL)               : 1
    • Scope                (MAX LEVEL)              : 5
    • String          (URL PARAMETER)           :
    • Char01                                                 :
    • String          (PORTAL DEFAULT)           :
    • Type                                                     : WDY_BOOLEAN
    • Group                                                   :
    • Description                                            : Set Focus on Message Area
  3. Follow above steps
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I checked the both and the set focus message area is defaulted to 'X'. Still the problem is coming.

Final thing is I should raise the OSS message.

Anyhow thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sakthi.

former_member196213
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hey sakthi,

Dont forget to post back once you get the reply and your issue gets resolved. Because the title for both issue is same and might be helpful for us in future.

Best regards,

Vishal

HAPPY ABAPing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

We raised OSS messge and after that SAP accessed our system through remote access and finally said, they can replicate this issue in their development systems and a new Note would be implemented by SAP soon.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sakthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi,

We are faced with the exact same problem. Have you had any further feedback from SAP with regards to the new Note?

Regards

Charlene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are also faced with the same issue.  Were you able to resolve this ?  Is there a new note besides 1582258?

Thanks,

Shari

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member196213
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Upendra,

Thankyou for reply but the problem here is, there are two many application, each application with a number of I-View each I-view has many methods. And out of all these methods there are some who will be having this way of reporting message. So I can not go and change each place.

I had seen certain changes in message class cl_wdr_message_manager from EHP 4 --> EHP 5 --> EHP 6. So I wanted to know is this happening because of this or there is some other issue. I dont know whether this can be controlled by some config.

Please help on the edge to raise OSS note...last possible solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Even I face the same problem and my PM, asked basis to apply the below notes.

SAP note: 1797581 and 1797582.

Try applying these and check, whether it works for you.

former_member196213
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi,

Thanks for reply, I checked this note, it is applicable to SAP_BASIS 701 however ours is

SAP_BASIS 731 0003 SAPKB73103 SAP Basis Component

So it can not be allowed for our system.

Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal,

You can use REPORT_ATTRIBUTE_T100_MESSAGE method to report WD Exception for a Context Attribute.

CALL METHOD lo_message_manager->report_attribute_t100_message

EXPORTING

msg                           =     Msg

element                    =     Node

attribute_name        =      Attribute

RECEIVING

message_id     = message_id.

Warm Regards,

Upendra Agrawal

former_member196213
Active Participant
0 Kudos