Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading CSV comma delimited into SAP HANA

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to load CSV file into SAP HANA.

I created 3 dimension files, Customer, Product and Location and loaded it successfully and can view the data.. but when I try to load a file for fact table with all the numeric figure, it loads successfully and I can see all the fields but dont see any data when try to click on open data preview, the message I am getting is that "No rows retrieved"..

I have already assigned primary keys in all the dimension table (one each) and assigned the 3 keys in the fact table based on my 3 dimension tables.

Can anyone please advise me what could be the reason I am not able to view the data in HANA studio but can see the fields.

Will appreciate your reply, thanks

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Execute the below query and check the data:

GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA SCHEMA-NAME TO "_SYS_REPO" WITH GRANT OPTION;

Regards

Mary

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shashikala,

Although this issue is resolved a long time ago but your answer is correct as I had to run the grant select on my schema .

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

sounds as if you are doing inner joins and that the referencing columns don't match up with the data in the dimension tables, doesn't it?

I propose you check whether this is the cause of your problem by joining the fact table against the dimension tables one after the other in SQL.

If this is not what's causing your empty result set, then my second bet would be that you filter data out.

Either by a explicitly set filter or an analytic privilege.

cheers,

Lars

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Lars,

Thanks for your reply,

No, I haven't started to build the views as yet, I am just loading data from CSV files and creating tables in my schema such as Customer Product and Location...

I can preview the data in these tables but cant see the data in the fact table when I load the CSV file..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran

Can you tell us, how you are loading CSV file into HANA table, is it via HANA Studio Quick Launch option or via any other means.

Thanks

Santosh Varada

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi santosh,

I am using Import option to load CSV into HANA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran

Did you get any error message at the last step if any record is not inserted it shows the reason why the record is not loaded to the table or check if your source contain any NULL values are incompatible such as date column.Please let us know your feedback

Thanks

Santosh Varada

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

There are no error messages at the last step... and the fact table file is not that huge and non of the column has NULL values, I have checked that, i don't see any error message in the HANA studio.. I think it has something to do with some kind of setting in the studio as the other tables for Customer Product and Location is perfectly alright... may be some kind of settings for loading numeric data (not sure as I am not a database person)

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran

Until you design the views all the tables are same when you start designing HANA Artifacts there the discrimination starts whether it is a fact table or etc... but as you are in loading stage only, if you are able to load other tables and you should be able to load this table data as well unless there are problems with data types.Can you try INSERT of 5-10 rows from Excel file using SQL Editor and check whether it is able to perform INSERT operation successfully.

Thanks

Santosh Varada