cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing related

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to configure the price condition in such a way that yearly once as per inflation the fwd price factor will be changed and that will be applied to the new year orders, but open orders or arrears or periodic billing the new fwd hike percentage should not be added.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have common factor for condition then you may use ztable
having time line and factor.

User has to maintain time period in this table along with
factor, for example for dec2012 to January 2013 factor 2.

In condition type assign alternative calculation formula, where
if condition is active take factor which satisfy pricing date of document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Neeraj,

Thanks for your repy, but here the requirement is for the old open orders, arrears and periodic billing case if we do the invoice in 2013 it will take new price for all those old ones which sould not occur and the user should get notification/ warning and should enter correct one may be old agreed as per contract it can be automatic/manually.

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajaram,

Thats why I mentioned in my above mail to use alternative calculation. You have to create alternative calculation formula and assign it to participating condtion with logic how to consider factor from

ztable. here you can code that this formula will be active for invoice document category as well as sales document category.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sie,

i think you are not getting the correct point or i am not able to explain properly.

The suggestion what you made will not solve the purpose.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bhaskar Rajaram wrote:

Hello sie,

i think you are not getting the correct point or i am not able to explain properly.

The suggestion what you made will not solve the purpose.

I believe, you didn't explain the requirement completely.

As you say... the fwd price factor will be changed and that will be applied to the new year orders

What does it mean by new year orders...only those orders created on the 1st day of Jan? or any orders created in any day of the next year?

Regarding the invoicing (in next year) for the order created this year....what is the pricing type maintained in the copy controls? Is it making the recalculation/redetermination of pricing elements?

Regards,

Ravi Snkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Ravi pls find the total case as a brief......

Some features(nothing but materials attached to service package) have a ‘Forward Price Factor’ (FWD) assigned as a percentage adjustment to accommodate country specific inflation rates or other marketing needs.

The FWD is set for 10 years for a 12 month period, changing currently at Jan and updated in a sort of rolling window for each subsequent year:

Example:

Pricelist

Material

Valid From

Valid To

Amount

GB

TK001QA

12/31/2011

%

GB

TK001QA

12/31/2012

%

GB

TK001QA

12/31/2013

%

GB

TK001QA

12/31/2014

%

GB

TK001QA

12/31/2015

%

GB

TK001QA

12/31/2016

%

GB

TK001QA

12/31/2017

%

GB

TK001QA

12/31/2018

%

GB

TK001QA

12/31/2019

%

GB

TK001QA

12/31/2020

%

GB

TK001QA

12/31/9999

%

The FWD changes are kicking in behind the scene, which causes issues as such:

·        Any Sales Orders, Invoices which are created after the re-price date (which is the date when the FWD price factor is changed) have different Net Values then the prices for the previous pricing period.

·        NCRs / Milestone billings to be billed in the next pricing period, for example-- because of a late approval from the Account Team

·        Periodic Items for  billings in arrears

user needs to be informed proactively that the Forward Price Factor will kick in to allow a proactive communication to the customer and/ or Account team as appropriate.

user needs to be able to control when the FWD prices should be activated, example billing in arrears or delayed sales orders / billing

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for providing more details. Can you please tell about the pricing type maintained in the copy controls maintained for the billing types in which you donot want to reflect the new price if the refence is an old document (previous year).

I understand that PWD is handled as a condition type (surcharge) in your pricing procedure. Am I correct? If not, how the PWD is handled in your pricing?

Thanks,

Ravi Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am thinking to use "L" but it will take only new ones, what about old prices for pending documents or arrears, milestones.

Thanks for your reply

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As rightly pointed out by Ravi, as long as in your copy control for the field "Pricing Type", if you have maintained other than B, then your requirement can be met.  That is whenever you generate a billing document for any open sale orders, system will consider the price only from sale order and not from the condition record.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. lakshmi pathi, thanks for your information, but what about new year changed percentage of inflationrate to be added for the new documents of the new year.

Pls let me know

Answers (0)