cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Hierarchy & Pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The products in our company are grouped in more than ten different ways. The prices, exclusion, rebates etc are dependant on these groupings.

I recommended using product hierarchy for easy management. But, my solution architect recommends using different grouping fields in material master.

What are the drawbacks in using product hierarchy as opposed to material groupings?

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't feel any problem for using product hierarchy for pricing...Possible disadvantage could be ,as long as the number of product hierarchy increases you have to maintain same number of condition records..In material master sale org-2 tab  there are five varieties of material groups are available.In this case you only need to maintain the price for material groups 1-5..

If you are facing problem in using material group or product hierarchy  then you can use division also for grouping

More ever If you press F1 ,in help it self it is saying like it can be used for pricing

Raneesh

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a Nice Query.

Materials Master has lot of Fields which are relevant for Pricing and mapping Schemes.

you can Opt for Mat.grp-1,2,3,4,5 and Also Product Attributes

one of our Client is Extensively Using These Fields.

Sivavasireddy