cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background job fails with system exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I execute an ABAP program in background which creates XML files in AL11 the job fails with system exception error. There are two application servers in out test environment, the job runs fine in one application server but when the same job goes to another application server it fails. Can someone help me resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Ragu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the specified directory path in al11, this should be common for both application server.

Because whenever a BG job is executed to create XML files in  a directory or path in AL11, the job will be processed in any one of the application server because of load balancing. So if ur path is not accessible by any one of this server then it will get cancelled.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

Tony.

How to check whether the path is common for both application server.  if the path is not accessible by any one of this server then it could be a authorization issue or should i take basis team help.

Regards,

Ragu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No raghu its not authorization issue, its an mount point were all the available app servers can access data from. So please ask your basis team whether the path or directory is only shared with one app server or it is common across all app servers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tony,

Thanks for the response. I am in touch with basis team.

Regards,

Ragu.

former_member199632
Participant
0 Kudos

Ragu,

What errors you getting?

Paste the errors / error codes

Is it a standard background job or z_program/

regards,

zerandib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

Zerandib,

It is a z program to create xml files in AL11. The error message says 'Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE'.

Reagrds,

Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check sm21 for related error.

Regards,

Roman