Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Automatic Workstation Update question

Vincent_06
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using the SAP installation server to deploy 7.20 - all my workstations have the SAP automatic workstation update installed. All my workstations have the package installed and working properly with saplogon.ini and saplogontree.xml that were deployed by using "Customer Files" and the "on the update" scripts

Now I want to update again only these 2 files (saplogon.ini and saplogontree.xml)

Using NwSapSetupAdmin.exe, I choose my package that I usually deploy, I marked it as updated (even though I have changed nothing on the package) and I put the updated saplogon.ini and saplogontree.xml in the folder "CustomerFiles" on my distribution server. On the "on end update" I have off course the script to perform the file copy.

The SAP automatic workstation update is configured to poll the distribution server every 24 hours, so my question is will the files saplogon.ini and saplogontree.xml be updated on the worksation even though there was nothing changed on the package but it was marked as updated ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vincent_06
Explorer
0 Kudos

OK, had to made the test to be sure, so if you want to deploy saplogon.ini and saplogontree.xml using the SAP installation server without changing package content, it is possible, files will get deployed even if nothing was added or removed. Just mark the package as updated and save it.

Cheers.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Vincent_06
Explorer
0 Kudos

Anyone ?