cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage a fixed unit price defined for a fixed target quantity (VK11 or Sales contract?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a business requirement for which I'm not sure how to answer.

Here is my case:

I would like to define a unit price which is relevant for a fixed target quantity.

For example:

Customer A can buy product 1 with a unit price of 10€/kg for a total quantity of 100 kg.

From what I have seen, the only way to control and follow the target quantity (here 100kg) is to use the sales contract (TC VA41)

However I find this solution not convenient as it means that user would need to:

- maintain VK11 with customer/product/unit price information

- create sales contract (VA41) with customer/product/total quantity

- make sure that validity period of both master data (VK11 and contract) are perfectly aligned.

In your opinion, would there be an alternative using only VK11 or only sales contract?

I would prefer managing all of this requirement through VK11 as there would be less impact on the actual system.

Please don't hesitate to ask me to precise my request.

Thank you for your help,

jb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

jb

- Quantity contract(if there is no fixed schedule of delivery)

or

- Scheduling Agreement(if there is fixed schedule of delivery),

would suits your requirement for tracking the consumption of fixed target quantities.

Further, you are restricting yourself to use quantity contract, b'coz maintaining condition record for pricing in VK11 with align to your contract with a specified period validity is your concern.

In that case, as you will be creating contract for specified period and your pricing will be constant for that period of validity. You can maintain manual pricing condition type in contract, which will be copied to subsequent release order creation for that validity period.

Regards, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you JP for this usefull information.

I guess that the quantity contract will suit my requirement regarding the quantity consumption follow-up.

As for the pricing maintenance, it would be a big change for the users (to not manage any VK11 but only contracts from now on) but it seems like a more consistent option.

Thanks again!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member212699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi jean !

U can maintain condition records with scales and  quantities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your prompt answer however the quantity scale will not meet my requirement.

The "target quantity" I'm talking about is a total "contracted" quantity that a customer can order over a certain period of time through multiple sales orders.

So basically I want to allow the customer A to order up to 100kg of a product at a price of 10€/kg for a specific period of time.

For example during the next 3 months he can order maximum 100kg at this rate whatever the quantities he puts in each sales orders. For example:

Sales order 1 --> 30kg at 10€/kg

Sales order 2 --> 60kg at 10€/kg

Sales order 3 --> 10kg at 10€/kg

Sales order 4 --> should be blocked because the total of 100kg has been consummed. New quantity/prices should be maintained.

I hope this clarify my issue?

Any help appreciated!

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jb,

Did you checked condtion update? After looking your requirement, looks like that you can use condtion update with some zdevelopment in requirement and calculation formula.

In Condtion update you can set maximum value once order reach that limit SAP activates flag and deactivate condtion. you can check flag “KOMV-KMXAW" of condtion update in requirement and base calculation formula to activate deactivate other condtion.