cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic column name using values from another I-view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have an I-view that contains 1 input form for entering variable values (f.e. fiscal year) into a nested I-view. In this nested I-view I have a table in which I want to use dynamic names of the column.

If I selected fiscal year = 2006, the column name should be ACT 2006. I can do this by entering the following formula:

"ACT " & @fiscal_year

The problem is that the values for fiscal year are in another I-view and thus I cannot find it in the formula builder. How to solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Ralph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_wolpers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

try the following (we've solved similar problems with this way of modelling)

1. use the selection event (selction of fiscal year, or any custom event) in the mater iview to transport the selected value to a well defined signal-in of the nested iview.

2. in the nested iview connect the signal-in with a form-view, make this form invisible.

3. now you are able to reference to the invisible form-view an use the fieldvalues for dynamic expressions.

hope this helps.

regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Martin,

thanks for the reply, now it works great !!! Just for everyone that wants to use this solution, between the hidden I-view and the queries you should make a connection that does have 'none' event.

Have a great weekend !!!

Ralph

Answers (0)