cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project planned value reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am actually looking for a report /t-code which would gives the complete details of PROJECT PLAN /PLANNED values for a project. I have checked CNS41 /CJI4 /CJI9 and some other S_ALR reports (also some reports from Information System from SAP PS Menu) but did not get full details about planned values of my project.

Please help me with your inputs here.

Thanks,

Regards,

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

What do you mean by complete/full details? Could you please elaborate?

When you say you have checked out all the existing SAP reports you would have definitely seen all these planned values in these reports.

Do you mean to say that you are not able to see all the desired values in a single report and have to access different reports to check these values? Did you check the S_ALR_87013531 report? Modify the way this report is displayed. Display it objectwise and you should definitely be able to see all the plan values in the project. Alternatively you can use tcode GR55 and use report group as 6P01. Execute this and you will be able to see the planned values cost element wise.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thanks for your response.

I have checked all the reports suggested by you and got the same values, which I had got in some other standard reports.

In fact my issue is, I have a project X, when I am checking planned values of this project in reports ‘ Costs/Revenues/Expenditures/Receipts OR Plan/Actual/Commitment/Rem.Plan/Assigned OR CNS41’ etc., I am getting a value of INR 100 (these values are from periods 5 to 11 and these values are available in COSS table). But, when I check the value for the same project in ALL COST ELEMENTS reports like ‘Actual/Commitment/Total/Plan in CO Area Currency OR Actual/Plan/Variance Absolute/Variance %’ etc., I am getting a value of INR 130. When I checked the COSS table for this, I found in the periods, 1, 2 & 3, I found values 5, 15 & 10 respectively, HENCE the cost element reports are displaying a total value of 130.

Now, my question is, when I fetch report on project basis, it is 100 and on CE basis (for same project) it is 130. What is the reason for this? And, why the values in the periods 1, 2 & 3 are not considered when I fetch the report on project basis?

Your inputs would be a great help for me.

Thank you,

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Hierarchial cost reports and CNS41/CN41N/CN41 does not have restriction of period range.

Where as in CE reports you can select the fiscal ear & period range so that it will fetch the data within that range only. Also check for default CEs on main screen, then delete those CEs.

Check any default values and correct those values and execute.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sudhar for your response.

I have taken all the care while executing the reports, in terms of periods and deault CE's. But, still there is a mismatch.

The question is - why Hierachy reports and CE reports are displaying different value for same project? (considering all input parameters are same)

Really looking strange.

Thank you,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the difference in the values is because of inclusion of overheads.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

There could be a possibility of overhead costs.

Not really sure on how to check for the same costs. Please help me in checking the same costs and any other costs (if any) in SAP system.

Thank you,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you can see any costs against the head for e.g. Material OH, Sales OH, Labour OH etc, in the cost element reports.

Run GR55 and choose report group as 6P01 and execute. Enter the project id and run the report. Check for the above mentioned overhead costs and revert.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

I have checked the same report, but I did not get any such as mentioned by you in the report output. I have pasted the screen print of the same, please check.

Thank you,

Sumanth

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Could you check your authorizations (after both reports execution check transaction SU53)? In hierarchical reports the cost is in the origin object( exclude internal settlement) in CE reports the cost is in the receiver ( in the sender is zero) if you don't have authorization to any object it is possible have different values between both reports.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Thanks for your response.

I have reuested our security team to check the authorizations for me for both the reports (since in X-Mas leave, I may get a delayed response from them), But I really dont understand, how a -

Hierarchical report & A Cost Element report for a SAME project would dispay different output? because, at the EOD both are standard SAP reports.

The reports I am comparing are - Plan/Actual/Commitment/Rem.Plan/Assigned &

Actual/Commitment/Total/Plan in CO Area Currency. Both reports are available under Information System of SAP PS Easy Menu Access.

Hope, I am making sense.

Thank you,

Sumanth

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the below plz

CJE0 - Hierarchy Report (Check the below reports)

12KST1C           Plan/Actual/Commitment/Rem.Plan/Assigned SAP 08/11/1995 12KST1C

12KST1D           Plan/Actual/Variance SAP 08/11/1995 12KST1D

12KST1C           Plan/Actual/Commitment SAP 10/23/1995 12KST1C

Thanks

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the below plz

CJE0 - Hierarchy Report (Check the below reports)

12KST1C           Plan/Actual/Commitment/Rem.Plan/Assigned SAP 08/11/1995 12KST1C

12KST1D           Plan/Actual/Variance SAP 08/11/1995 12KST1D

12KST1C           Plan/Actual/Commitment SAP 10/23/1995 12KST1C

Thanks

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth,

Hierarchical reports use table RPSCO to extract the information.

Cost elment resports use table COSP/COSS to extract the information

Could you check if you have the same information in both tables?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

I have checked both RPSCO & COSS/COSP and the information of values available in both tables are DIFFERENT.

COSS/COSP have some additional costs and hence, the CE report is displaying different value compared to Hierarchical report (as it is fetching values from RPSCO).

In fact, I am modifying an existing report where, the requirement is to fetch values of project PLANNED & ACTUAL values from tables COSS & COSP. But, when I am comparing output of my report with standard SAP Hierarchical reports for testing, there is a mismatch.

What you suggest in this case?

Thanks,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimhulu,

Yes, I have checked all these reports, but again there is a mismatch with Hierarchical & CE report for a project.

I have mentioned my scenario below, please suggest if you have any inputs.

Thank you,

Sumanth

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Modifying the existing report means?

At the same time, different figures appears if they are really different. Why can't you analyze what is that difference?

I want to know the status of the WBS which shows different. Means, REL BUDG AVAC..... like this.

If you want to find out the real difference, see the documents posted and compare them. Then provide us details to investigate on the real difference.

If the difference is having a purpose, well and good. If not, will find the way to solve it.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK...

In one liner, there is an existing z report (displays planned & actual values of projects), the new requirement is to modifly the z report by inclusion of cost element by line items for every planned /actual values of project.

All the statues of WBS /project that I m comparing are same.

Since, Hierarchial reports reffering to RPSCO & Cost Element reports are reffering to COSS/COSP, there is a mismatch in planned values for the same project. Please note, our report is reffering to COSS/COSP. Hence, it is displaying the values that are there in same tables.

BUT, the question is - why there is mismatch in values for the same project with all parameters are same.

Regards,

Sumanth

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with you dear. Instead of asking this (Please don't mind, i am telling it for to solve your query quickly), we can straight away see the difference.

It could be the date issue

The Standard SAP will not show you the wrong figures

Check the customized one carefully, you might get a clue.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Repeatedly I m mentioning here, that all input parameters were same for both the reports.

Moreover, here the question is -

Why Hierarchical report for a project & A Cost Element report for a SAME project are displaying different output? Provided all inputs are same. Also, both are standard SAP reports.

Please note, I m not talking about my z report here.

Hope, it's clear.

Sumanth

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 general ways to enter plan cost in a project:

1) plan by cost element( cost element, materials, activity, resources..) these values are stored in cosp/coss and in rpsco,then  they are displayed in cost element reports and in hierarchical reports.

2) by total  ( not cost element) example transaction CJ40.. These values are not stored in COSP/ COSs and they are displayed in RPSCO table.. Then you can display them only in hierarchical reports..

But I think this is not your problem, because you have missing information in cost element report that you see in COSS, is this correct?

regards,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try running CJEN and reconstructing the project info database. Then check both hierarchical and cost element reports and revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sara for your inputs.

Gokul - As I reconstructed the project info database, the reports started working fine.

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion.

Regards,

Sumanth

Answers (0)