SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Plan data (FMPLCPD) - asking for fund and functional area

former_member195434
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my FM area 1000, I have configured to use only fund center and commitment item for budget. But while entering change (create) plan data using FMPLCPD, the system throws a message

Enter a value in the field "Functional Area"

Message no. K9013

If i enter the functional area (which i dont want to use since i am not using functional area for account assignment), it asks for fund with the same message number. I have tried all the layouts namely

0SAPFMPL01 A Budget Type

0SAPFMPL02 Formula

0SAPFMPL03 Several Budget Types

0SAPFMPL04 Version Comparison

0SAPFMPL05

0SAPFMPL06

SAPFMPL01 A Budget Type

SAPFMPL02 Formula

SAPFMPL03 Several Budget Types

SAPFMPL04 Version Comparison

SAPFMPL05 Annual comparison

But the error remains for all layouts.

How to get rid of this message.?

Note that it is not an error message but still the system does not proceed to the next screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have configured to only use FC and CI in budgeting, the mentioned standard SAP planning layouts can not be used. You have to create your own layout. You do that by copying a standard one to a new layout. In this new layout, you have to exclude unwanted charicteristics (Fund, FP, Grant, etc) from the general data selection. I just tried a SAP standard layout and got the same error, but our own layout defined as I described works fine.

Regards,

Ming

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, check the instructions in note 739734.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks.

In the note it mentions we must create dummy master for the non relevant FMAA elements. I have created these dummy master data for fund, funded program and functional area. However, we are not working with grants. And hence i am unable to create the master data for grant and the message reads 'Grant dimension is not active'.

What should be done in this case.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe, the note refers to grant as well.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it refers to grants and just like other data elements it advices us to create a dummy master for grant as well. But while trying to create a grant master 'GMGRANT - Maintain Grant' the system throws an error 'Grant dimension is not active' and so i am unable to create even the dummy msater for it.

How to create a dummy master for grant here?  Should there be any configuration changes so as to enable at least the creation of grant master?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Abhinav,

You can activate Grant as a dimension in PSM and then make the setting

Grants Management> Grantee> Global Settings> Set Grant as Not Relevant for Grants Management

The Not Relevant grant will then be the dummy. This setting does not go through GMGRANT.

Thanks

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have configured to only use FC and CI in budgeting, the mentioned standard SAP planning layouts can not be used. You have to create your own layout. You do that by copying a standard one to a new layout. In this new layout, you have to exclude unwanted charicteristics (Fund, FP, Grant, etc) from the general data selection. I just tried a SAP standard layout and got the same error, but our own layout defined as I described works fine.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Hi,

I think i'll do this. thanks.